Old 25-07-2012, 10:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Happy rain dance ;-)

Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 writes:

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 09:45:38 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:

Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 writes:

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 00:45:37 -0400, songbird
wrote:

PhoenixWench wrote:

After endless teasing, hinting and broken promises I was awakened last
night by a resounding boom and subsequent Rip Van Winkle echoes ;-)
Rain! Finally! I lay there listening to the sound and fell asleep with a
smile glued to my face ;-)
It was still raining - the gentle, steady rain we so desperately needed
- when I woke this morning. Looks like we'll be in for of and on showers
for the rest of the week if the weather forecast is to be believed. This
may be too little too late for some local trees, but may be enough to
save my apple trees, and maybe their crop ;-)

around here we have gotten a bit of rain recently which
might save the crops for the farmers, but we are still way
way behind normal. the ditches that normally run all
summer are down to a very tiny trickle and we are seeings
signs all over of plants/shrubs/trees under stress. like
the hollyhocks are barely holding any flowers at all where
normally they might hold a few dozen flowers per stalk,
instead they hold the top two or three blooms.

Ma said today when she was watering the tomatoes that
a hummingbird was in the cherry tomatoes. i've never
seen a hummingbird feed on tomato blossoms. i'm suspecting
it was because she was watering and it was getting a drink.
some times they fly in the spray to get cooled off and take
a shower, perhaps they nap droplets on the fly too.
songbird

What, no hummer feeders, no birdbaths? You need to be ashamed of your
user name.

Each to his own.

My view is that my time on earth is limited.
Feeding wild animals with feeders is a bad thing.
Animal friendly plants are a good thing.

Do you think there's a difference, IDIOT!

Yes I think there is a difference.

Who's going to fill the feeder when I pass on?
Who's going to fill the bird bath.

On the other hand, that little patch of raspberries I leave alone
could survive me for years. Let alone spread to other back yards near
by. The same with the butterfly bush.

Besides that I'm not putting out piles of food, causing a
mini-population explosion.

But if it make you feel like more of a person to call me an
idiot, go for it.

Personally I don't need to call other people names to feel good about
myself.

--
Dan Espen
Old 26-07-2012, 02:36 AM posted to rec.gardens

Dan Douchebag wrote:
Brooklyn1 writes:
Dan Douchebag wrote:
Brooklyn1 writes:
songbird wrote:
PhoenixWench wrote:

[...]

No shit, did you think that up all by yourself, Idiot.

Feeding wild animals with feeders is a bad thing.
Animal friendly plants are a good thing.

Do you think there's a difference, IDIOT!

Yes I think there is a difference.

Who's going to fill the feeder when I pass on?
Who's going to fill the bird bath.

The same one who did before you arrived.

Personally I don't need to call other people names to feel good about
myself.

Idiot is not a name, idiot defines your intelligence quotient.
You want a name, try on Douchebag.