Old 22-05-2007, 12:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Someone do a rain dance, please

We haven't had any appreciable amount of rain this month. My seedlings are
this - | - high and staying there. The ground is so hard I have to use a
pickaxe to transplant stuff. I'm watching the forecasts but the promised
weekend rain looks to be getting less and less likely. Someone do a rain
dance or tell me how to do one. I'm thinking that our Black Spring is
going to be followed by a Toasty Brown Summer.
Old 22-05-2007, 01:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 5/22/07 7:29 AM, in article ,
"FragileWarrior" wrote:

We haven't had any appreciable amount of rain this month. My seedlings are
this - | - high and staying there. The ground is so hard I have to use a
pickaxe to transplant stuff. I'm watching the forecasts but the promised
weekend rain looks to be getting less and less likely. Someone do a rain
dance or tell me how to do one. I'm thinking that our Black Spring is
going to be followed by a Toasty Brown Summer.

Come here - I nearly drowned this past weekend. I got to camp in the rain
with my daughter's Brownie troop.

Cheryl

Old 22-05-2007, 02:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

Cheryl Isaak wrote in
:

On 5/22/07 7:29 AM, in article
, "FragileWarrior"
wrote:

We haven't had any appreciable amount of rain this month. My
seedlings are this - | - high and staying there. The ground is so
hard I have to use a pickaxe to transplant stuff. I'm watching the
forecasts but the promised weekend rain looks to be getting less and
less likely. Someone do a rain dance or tell me how to do one. I'm
thinking that our Black Spring is going to be followed by a Toasty
Brown Summer.

Come here - I nearly drowned this past weekend. I got to camp in the
rain with my daughter's Brownie troop.

Cheryl

Where are you? I'm in central Indiana and this has been the quietest
spring in the five years I've been here. (Translation: we've only heard
the tornado sirens once.) I wish this house still had its well set-up
because I'm sure not watering anything at the prices of water in this
town. Send the rain to me. Do your Send The Rain Thataway rain dance,
please.
Old 22-05-2007, 02:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 5/22/07 9:07 AM, in article ,
"FragileWarrior" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote in
:

On 5/22/07 7:29 AM, in article
, "FragileWarrior"
wrote:

[...]

I'm in New Hampshire and this is the second spring with major flooding.
Will dance tonight and send it your way for the weekend.

Old 22-05-2007, 04:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
FragileWarrior wrote:

The ground is so hard I have to use a
pickaxe to transplant stuff.

Frag, you are mulching aren't you?
- Bill

Old 22-05-2007, 04:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
We haven't had any appreciable amount of rain this month. My seedlings
are
this - | - high and staying there. The ground is so hard I have to use
pickaxe to transplant stuff. I'm watching the forecasts but the promised
weekend rain looks to be getting less and less likely. Someone do a rain
dance or tell me how to do one. I'm thinking that our Black Spring is
going to be followed by a Toasty Brown Summer.

All we've had here are 2" in the past 8 weeks. I was forced to water the
flowers and vegetables again yesterday.

Old 22-05-2007, 05:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
We haven't had any appreciable amount of rain this month. My seedlings
are
this - | - high and staying there. The ground is so hard I have to use
pickaxe to transplant stuff. I'm watching the forecasts but the promised
weekend rain looks to be getting less and less likely. Someone do a rain
dance or tell me how to do one. I'm thinking that our Black Spring is
going to be followed by a Toasty Brown Summer.

Dig a small hole in the shape of a turtle.
Spit in it.
Cover it back up.
Really.

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com

Old 22-05-2007, 06:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

On 5/22/07 7:29 AM, in article ,
"FragileWarrior" wrote:

We haven't had any appreciable amount of rain this month. My seedlings are
this - | - high and staying there. The ground is so hard I have to use a
pickaxe to transplant stuff. I'm watching the forecasts but the promised
weekend rain looks to be getting less and less likely. Someone do a rain
dance or tell me how to do one. I'm thinking that our Black Spring is
going to be followed by a Toasty Brown Summer.

Come here - I nearly drowned this past weekend. I got to camp in the rain
with my daughter's Brownie troop.

Cheryl

We went through a 24 day stretch end of April to mid May with no rain
(Cheryl, you got it all, I think!), last week through the weekend we
got drowned. I do wish it could be a bit more even. Rain twice a
week, 1/2" or so, starting at midnight and ending around 4 am would be
nice!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 22-05-2007, 06:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Buderschnookie" wrote in message

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
We haven't had any appreciable amount of rain this month. My seedlings are
this - | - high and staying there. The ground is so hard I have to use a
pickaxe to transplant stuff. I'm watching the forecasts but the promised
weekend rain looks to be getting less and less likely. Someone do a rain
dance or tell me how to do one. I'm thinking that our Black Spring is
going to be followed by a Toasty Brown Summer.

Dig a small hole in the shape of a turtle.
Spit in it.
Cover it back up.
Really.

No...just have your car detailed. Rain will appear very soon.
Care Wren

Old 22-05-2007, 08:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

Bill Rose wrote in news:rosefam-749062.08273522052007
@cor8-ppp5025.per.dsl.connect.net.au:

In article ,
FragileWarrior wrote:

The ground is so hard I have to use a
pickaxe to transplant stuff.

Frag, you are mulching aren't you?
- Bill

Nope. I'm afraid of smothering the seedlings. There is some mulch from
last year but I was waiting for a little more height on the new plants to
mulch this year.
Old 22-05-2007, 08:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

Ann wrote in
:

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

On 5/22/07 7:29 AM, in article
, "FragileWarrior"
wrote:

[...]

And if the rain could do some weeding while it was here... well, that'd
just be heaven on Earth.
Old 22-05-2007, 08:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

Cheryl Isaak wrote in
:

On 5/22/07 9:07 AM, in article
, "FragileWarrior"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote in
:

On 5/22/07 7:29 AM, in article
, "FragileWarrior"
wrote:

[...]

The people in Indy won't like that but I don't care. I hate that race
car stuff.
Old 22-05-2007, 09:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Buderschnookie" wrote:

Dig a small hole in the shape of a turtle.
Spit in it.
Cover it back up.

Has something happened in this newsgroup when I wasn't looking?

- Bill

Old 22-05-2007, 09:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

FragileWarrior wrote:

The ground is so hard I have to use a
pickaxe to transplant stuff.

Frag, you are mulching aren't you?
- Bill

Nope. I'm afraid of smothering the seedlings. There is some mulch from
last year but I was waiting for a little more height on the new plants to
mulch this year.

I meant during the Winter and early Spring. I probably don't need to
tell you, that mulch holds in the moisture and encourages the worms to
do your tilling, leaving your soil all soft and fluffy (sort of). I'm
learning this all too slowly but, it even slowed down my previously
raging gastropods (painful they were too). Take care of your mulch and
your mulch will take care of you;-)

- Bill

[IMG] code is On

Shrub Gift for someone who likes Tango (Dance) Pauline Mulford United Kingdom 13 30-10-2013 03:30 PM
Easy to see, Expat owns John Smith and John Smith is ExpatsPuppet on a String! hahahaha ..... Dance Johnny boy.. dance you fool!John Smith the puppet on a string John Smith[_5_] Ponds 0 07-09-2008 04:42 PM
Rain Dance Tim Edible Gardening 11 01-07-2007 04:06 PM
Rain Dance Tim Gardening 10 30-06-2007 12:15 PM
Rain Dance Glenna Rose Edible Gardening 1 29-06-2007 06:12 PM