Old 03-08-2012, 10:07 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default 19 year olds allotment diary

"Bill who putters" wrote in message
In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "Farm1"

wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
.
..
In article , "Farm1"

wrote:

"Travis" wrote in message
news On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 22:19:54 +0000, MatsAllotment03 wrote:

I'm 19 years old and have an allotment for the last 6
years!!!

If your curious to see what a 19 year old gets up to then
please
take
second to look at my new blog I have started recently on
wordpress.

'MatsAllotment | It doesn't matter how old you are'
(http://matsallotment.wordpress.com/)

If you have taken a look then could you please let me know
what
you
think?? Any criticism would actually be very welcomed!!

Thanks Matt

I don't understand what an allotment is.

Do a google on "Allotment UK".

They are common all over Europe.

Indeed. The OP is however from the UK though so it makes sense to
find
out
about the allotment movement in the UK. There are lots of very
interesting
sites and blogs about lotties in the UK (or at least there were a
couple
of
years ago when I used to regularly follow progress on a couple of
different
ones).
I was responding to Travis, who I believe is a local boy, not Matt,
who
is obviously a pomme. I'm not familiar with Grundstücks, or
allotments
in the U.S.

Ah, That explains it. I was wondereing why you were responding to me.

It's not past me to chat you up a bit ;O)

LOL. Well, when I was young, I did have waist length honey blonde hair
and
I had a true 'peaches and cream complexion and was considered to be no
dog.
(Don't read any further if you still want to flirt with that image)
*
*
*
*
That was many decades ago, and now, when I catch sight of myself in
passing
by a mirro, I wonder why my old mother is there. I suspect that I am now
more interesting that the younger me :-))

Well I'd try to exchange genes with you then but you are not Swedish.

LOL

LOL Now you are just a dammed good source of information.

Thank you for your kind words

Old 03-08-2012, 10:14 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "Farm1"

wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
..
.
In article , "Farm1"

wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message

u.
..
In article , "Farm1"

wrote:

"Travis" wrote in message
[...]

Just what every girl wants to hear, Bill. Now move it along, I'm working
this side of the street ;O)

LOL. You are both quite incorrigible!

Old 03-08-2012, 05:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

"FarmNONE" wrote:

"Bill who putters" wrote in message
In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "Farm1"

wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
.
..
In article , "Farm1"

wrote:

"Travis" wrote in message
news On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 22:19:54 +0000, MatsAllotment03 wrote:

I'm 19 years old and

LOL

You qouted all that BillyGoat's pinheaded garbage just to laugh like a
hyena, and you did it TWICE... you ****ing dumb FarmNONE maggot!

Old 03-08-2012, 09:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:

"FarmNONE" wrote:

"Bill who putters" wrote in message
In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message

In article , "Farm1"

wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message

.au.
..
In article , "Farm1"

wrote:

"Travis" wrote in message
news On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 22:19:54 +0000, MatsAllotment03 wrote:

I'm 19 years old and

LOL

You qouted all that BillyGoat's pinheaded garbage just to laugh like a
hyena, and you did it TWICE... you ****ing dumb FarmNONE maggot!

Sad that you do not have this human trait. Life is way too short for
diatribes . You made my small kill file.

Bill

humour |?hju?m?r|
noun
British spelling of humor.
humor |?(h)yo?om?r|(Brit. humour )
noun
1 the quality of being amusing or comic, esp. as expressed in literature
or speech: his tales are full of humor.
? the ability to express humor or make other people laugh: their
inimitable brand of humor.
2 a mood or state of mind: her good humor vanished | the clash hadn't
improved his humor.
? archaic an inclination or whim.
3 (also cardinal humor ) historical each of the four chief fluids of the
body (blood, phlegm, yellow bile [choler], and black bile [melancholy])
that were thought to determine a person's physical and mental qualities
by the relative proportions in which they were present.
verb [ with obj. ]
comply with the wishes of (someone) in order to keep them content,
however unreasonable such wishes might be: she was always humoring him
to prevent trouble.
? archaic adapt or accommodate oneself to (something).
PHRASES
out of humor in a bad mood.
sense of humor the ability to perceive humor or appreciate a joke.
ORIGIN Middle English (as humour): via Old French from Latin humor
'moisture,' from humere (see humid). The original sense was 'bodily
fluid' (surviving in aqueous humor and vitreous humor, fluids in the
eyeball); it was used specifically for any of the cardinal humors (
sense 3 of the noun), whence 'mental disposition' (thought to be caused
by the relative proportions of the humors). This led, in the 16th cent.,
to the senses 'state of mind, mood' ( sense 2 of the noun) and 'whim,
fancy,' hence to humor someone 'to indulge a person's whim.' Sense 1 of
the noun dates from the late 16th cent.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

http://marshallmcluhanspeaks.com/

Old 03-08-2012, 09:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

"FarmNONE" wrote:

"Bill who putters" wrote in message
In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
.
..
"Travis" wrote in message
[...]

In this case it seems to refer to excement. He seems to want attention,
positive, or negative, it doesn't seem to make a difference. Ignore him,
or KF. There is never a positive experience to be had in dealing with
him. Just let him circle the bowl, and eventually he will disappear.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

Old 04-08-2012, 03:25 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Brooklyn1" Gravesend1 wrote in message
"FarmNONE" wrote:

You qouted all that BillyGoat's pinheaded garbage just to laugh like a
hyena, and you did it TWICE... you ****ing dumb FarmNONE maggot!

I see you're drunk again Sheldon.

It's sad to see an adult who is so jealous that we own 2 real farms that you
feel the need to resort to insults.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:36 AM posted to rec.gardens

"FarmNONE" wrote:

You qouted all that BillyGoat's pinheaded garbage just to laugh like a
hyena, and you did it TWICE... you ****ing dumb FarmNONE maggot!

Sad that you do not have this human trait. Life is way too short for
diatribes . You made my small kill file.

In this case it seems to refer to excement. He seems to want attention,
positive, or negative, it doesn't seem to make a difference. Ignore him,
or KF. There is never a positive experience to be had in dealing with
him. Just let him circle the bowl, and eventually he will disappear.

I've been reading Sheldon's posts for many years now and first came across
him when we both posted regularly to misc.rural. He used to use another nym
there and was as popular there as he is everywhere else.

The poor old fellow hates the fact that we own two farms and can't stop
himself from making remarks - probably because he's jealous. He's got
enough farming equipment for 3 farms but owns only a few acres so he's a
wannabe and believes he knows it all.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

"FarmNONE" wrote:
[...]

I'm very confused. Who is Sheldon? I mean, which of these posters
(who, I blush to admit, with horrid fascination -- I permit to
waste my time in this NG) cops to that label?

That is probably the worst-constructed sentence that ever left my
computer..
..
HB
Old 04-08-2012, 07:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Higgs Boson wrote:

"FarmNONE" wrote:
[...]

Brooklyn1, a.k.a. Sheldon (Shelly). It is common for disagreeable
posters to change their "nom de plume" to escape KF.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 11:44:29 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article
,
Higgs Boson wrote:

"FarmNONE" wrote:
[...]

Yeah, I changed my handle once in some 20 years and only because when
changing newsreaders my old name was already taken. I have never
attempted to escape killfiles, and in fact I don't use sock puppets
because I want full credit for each and every of my posts. Don't read
my posts, see if I care that you stay stupid. And I know that the
bible thumping billy goat is as stupid as stupid gets, everyone with
blind faith religious beliefs is an ignoranus.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 15:44:50 -0400, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:

On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 11:44:29 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article
,
Higgs Boson wrote:

"FarmNONE" wrote:
[...]

You just blew it. \Good by.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:20 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
"FarmNONE" wrote:
[...]

_______________________________
Sheldon is Brooklyn1

I mean, which of these posters
(who, I blush to admit, with horrid fascination -- I permit to
waste my time in this NG) cops to that label?

That is probably the worst-constructed sentence that ever left my
computer..
_______________________________________
Never Mind we figured it out :-))

Old 02-09-2012, 05:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Aug 2, 7:10*am, "Farm1" wrote:
"Billy" wrote in message

In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "Farm1"

wrote:

"Travis" wrote in message
[...]

is obviously a pomme. I'm not familiar with Grundst�cks, or allotments
in the U.S.

Ah, That explains it. *I was wondereing why you were responding to me.

It's not past me to chat you up a bit ;O)

LOL. *Well, when I was young, I did have waist length honey blonde hair and
I had a true 'peaches and cream complexion and was considered to be no dog.
(Don't read any further if you still want to flirt with that image)
*
*
*
*
That was many decades ago, and now, when I catch sight of myself in passing
by a mirro, I wonder why my old mother is there. I suspect that I am now
more interesting that the younger me :-))

High,

I have just found this convo and well there is some words I also don't
get! pomme?

Sorry for interrupting this convo :PP

Just realised that allotment is a British thing but researching to
find out to make a cool fully independent website/blog, it think i
will not just use the word allotment exclusively, it seems to be very
British; maybe too British.

Can you guys tell me how you found my webpage, my page so far hasn't
been very Google friendly.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Aug 2, 12:10*pm, "Farm1" wrote:
"Billy" wrote in message

In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "Farm1"

wrote:

"Travis" wrote in message
[...]

hi,

also dont get some words :P pomme

sorry for interrupting this convo :PP

just realised this allotment word is a UK thing, but thinking to not
just use it exclusively anymore and also to make make a new
independant webpage/blog.

can you guys tell me how you found me because my site hasnt been very
google friendly so far
Old 02-09-2012, 05:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Aug 2, 12:10*pm, "Farm1" wrote:
"Billy" wrote in message

In article , "Farm1"
wrote: