Old 02-09-2012, 05:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default 19 year olds allotment diary

On Aug 2, 12:10*pm, "Farm1" wrote:
"Billy" wrote in message

In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "Farm1"

wrote:

"Travis" wrote in message
news On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 22:19:54 +0000, MatsAllotment03 wrote:

I'm 19 years old and have an allotment for the last 6 years!!!

If your curious to see what a 19 year old gets up to then please
take
second to look at my new blog I have started recently on
wordpress.

'MatsAllotment | It doesn't matter how old you are'
(http://matsallotment.wordpress.com/)

If you have taken a look then could you please let me know what
you
think?? Any criticism would actually be very welcomed!!

Thanks Matt

I don't understand what an allotment is.

Do a google on "Allotment UK".

They are common all over Europe.

Indeed. *The OP is however from the UK though so it makes sense to
find
out
about the allotment movement in the UK. *There are lots of very
interesting
sites and blogs about lotties in the UK (or at least there were a
couple
of
years ago when I used to regularly follow progress on a *couple of
different
ones).
I was responding to Travis, who I believe is a local boy, not Matt, who
is obviously a pomme. I'm not familiar with Grundst�cks, or allotments
in the U.S.

Ah, That explains it. *I was wondereing why you were responding to me.

It's not past me to chat you up a bit ;O)

LOL. *Well, when I was young, I did have waist length honey blonde hair and
I had a true 'peaches and cream complexion and was considered to be no dog.
(Don't read any further if you still want to flirt with that image)
*
*
*
*
That was many decades ago, and now, when I catch sight of myself in passing
by a mirro, I wonder why my old mother is there. I suspect that I am now
more interesting that the younger me :-))

hi,

also dont get some words :P pomme

sorry for interrupting this convo :PP

just realised this allotment word is a UK thing, but thinking to not
just use it exclusively anymore and also to make make a new
independant webpage/blog.

can you guys tell me how you found me because my site hasnt been very
google friendly so far(i'm just dont think this has sent correctly)
Old 02-09-2012, 09:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sep 2, 9:25*am, Matthew Kaczmarczyk
wrote:
On Aug 2, 7:10*am, "Farm1" wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message

In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "Farm1"

wrote:

"Travis" wrote in message
[...]

High,

I have just found this convo and well there is some words I also don't
get! pomme?

Sorry for interrupting this convo :PP

Just realised that allotment is a British thing but researching to
find out to make a cool fully independent website/blog, it think i
will not just use the word allotment exclusively, it seems to be very
British; maybe too British.

Can you guys tell me how you found my webpage, my page so far hasn't
been very Google friendly.

AFAIK "pomme"or "pommie" is a slang,slightly uncomplimentary, term for
a Bris.

HB
Old 02-09-2012, 09:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

Higgs Boson wrote:

AFAIK "pomme"or "pommie" is a slang,slightly uncomplimentary, term for
a Bris.

Are you sure?
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bris
Old 02-09-2012, 11:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Matthew Kaczmarczyk wrote:

On Aug 2, 7:10*am, "Farm1" wrote:
"Billy" wrote in message

In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "Farm1"

wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message

In article , "Farm1"

wrote:

"Travis" wrote in message
[...]

You have a very bad stutter.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

Old 02-09-2012, 11:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Higgs Boson wrote:

On Sep 2, 9:25*am, Matthew Kaczmarczyk
wrote:
On Aug 2, 7:10*am, "Farm1" wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message

In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
.
..
In article , "Farm1"

wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
.
au...
In article , "Farm1"

wrote:

"Travis" wrote in message
[...]

I thought an abris was a circumcision ;O)

Old 03-09-2012, 03:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

I have just found this convo and well there is some words I also don't
get! pomme?

AFAIK "pomme"or "pommie" is a slang,slightly uncomplimentary, term for
a Bris.
Actually it's Pom or Pommie or, if pushed beyond the bounds of normal
politeness, Pommie *******.

Whan Prince Cahrles was in Australia in this youth going to school ofr a
term or two, his nickname amongst his schoolmates at his very exclusive
boy's school was apparently The Pommie *******.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Matthew Kaczmarczyk" wrote in message

'MatsAllotment | It doesn't matter how old you are'
(http://matsallotment.wordpress.com/)

Mat: also dont get some words :P pomme
'Pom' is the correct spelling. The nickname that Austrlian's use for Brits
is Pom or Pommie. It can be used affectionately or as a term of abuse. How
you interprete it would depend upon context and it's also situational.

Mat: just realised this allotment word is a UK thing, but thinking to not
just use it exclusively anymore and also to make make a new
independant webpage/blog.
It's nat just a UK thing. Taht word and all it means is understood in many
parts of the English speaking world, just not in the US.

Mat:can you guys tell me how you found me because my site hasnt been very
google friendly so far
????We found your site because you posted here mentioning it. If you mean
what do we think of it, then I found it interesting enough to look at it
again. I really liked what you'd done with your chimney stacks.