Old 19-09-2012, 11:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Worms

I want to add a bunch of worms to my garden, both for their beneficial
effects, and for fishing.

My soil is sandy, and I have brought in at least a truck load of good
compost, yet it seems only to be good for the first two inches. I have a
couple of raised beds where it is a little better.

I know that in a lot of the country, worms just grow naturally. Not so here
in the desert. Do any of you do anything special, like digging a special
pit, or burying a chest freezer to make them a special area that you can
more economically make into worm habitat? And after that, do you compost
it?

Thanks

Steve

Old 20-09-2012, 02:06 AM posted to rec.gardens

Steve B wrote:
I want to add a bunch of worms to my garden, both for their beneficial
effects, and for fishing.

My soil is sandy, and I have brought in at least a truck load of good
compost, yet it seems only to be good for the first two inches. I
have a couple of raised beds where it is a little better.

I know that in a lot of the country, worms just grow naturally. Not
so here in the desert. Do any of you do anything special, like
digging a special pit, or burying a chest freezer to make them a
special area that you can more economically make into worm habitat? And
after that, do you compost it?

Thanks

Steve

Are these compost worms or earth worms? Both need some moisture and organic
matter to eat but the details of what is good habitat for each differ. In
part the differences is compost worms live in compost above ground and the
earth worms in the ground I know this seems obvious but some people don't
know they are different. There are other differences. In a desert I think
you are always going have problems with moisture.

Old 21-09-2012, 04:34 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Steve B" wrote in message
I want to add a bunch of worms to my garden, both for their beneficial
effects, and for fishing.

You asked this question less than a month ago. If you didn't bother to read
the replys that were given then, don't bother asking the question again.

Old 23-09-2012, 06:28 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Farm1" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message
I want to add a bunch of worms to my garden, both for their beneficial
effects, and for fishing.

You asked this question less than a month ago. If you didn't bother to
read the replys that were given then, don't bother asking the question
again.

Dear Whatever:

I notice you have taken to task a writer about whether or not a post is on
topic, is spelled correctly, or is correct in some other minute detail.

I would like to inform you that the post of Netnanny is already filled. It
is held by Newton Fillmore, of Pacoima, California, although Mr. Fillmore is
currently in a coma in a facility in Riverside, and has been for three
years, eight months now. We just could not bring ourselves to demote him
without a proper hearing and him being present.

Please be advised that there are currently over 500 applicants and wannabes
for the position. That does not include people like yourself who have
broken with protocol and currently act like they are in the cherished
position.

If and when and if ever the post becomes available, you will be required to
write an essay of no longer than 1500 words, single spaced, using the words
there, they're, their, your, you're, and any others you can come up with in
as many incorrect grammatical situations as possible.

You must also describe the difference between "lose" and "loose" in 25 words
or less.

You must also include the reason that you think entitles you the lifelong
right to hold this post, and review the rest of humanity on its daily
heretofore
unobserved unsupervised act of Usenet Posting.

Steve
3rd Poohbah and Grand Mucky Muck
of the Society of Netnannies.

Addended by 4/19/2011

You forgot three of my favorites, its and it's, lightning and
lightening, and to, too and two

Old 23-09-2012, 06:29 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Farm1" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message
I want to add a bunch of worms to my garden, both for their beneficial
effects, and for fishing.

You asked this question less than a month ago. If you didn't bother to
read the replys that were given then, don't bother asking the question
again.

If I recall correctly, you ignored me last time. What makes this time
different? And was I drunk or absent the day you were put in charge?

Steve

Old 23-09-2012, 08:14 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Steve B" wrote in message
"Farm1" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message
I want to add a bunch of worms to my garden, both for their beneficial
effects, and for fishing.

You asked this question less than a month ago. If you didn't bother to
read the replys that were given then, don't bother asking the question
again.

Dear Whatever:

I notice you have taken to task a writer about whether or not a post is on
topic, is spelled correctly, or is correct in some other minute detail.

LOL. I did none of the above. But a memory span of less than a few weeks
must make your life 'interesting'.

Old 23-09-2012, 08:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Steve B" wrote in message
"Farm1" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message
I want to add a bunch of worms to my garden, both for their beneficial
effects, and for fishing.

You asked this question less than a month ago. If you didn't bother to
read the replys that were given then, don't bother asking the question
again.

If I recall correctly, you ignored me last time.

Your recall is not correct. You posted your question about worms under the
subject 'Eatrthworms' on 7 September. I responded and in fact posted in
that thread on 3 separate occasions. There were 9 posts in the thread so I
did my bit to provide info.

What makes this time
different? And was I drunk or absent the day you were put in charge?

You must have been drunk and/or have remained so ever since.

Old 23-09-2012, 08:31 AM posted to rec.gardens

Steve B wrote:
"Farm1" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message
I want to add a bunch of worms to my garden, both for their
beneficial effects, and for fishing.

You asked this question less than a month ago. If you didn't bother
to read the replys that were given then, don't bother asking the
question again.

If I recall correctly, you ignored me last time.

Ooh a castle, look another castle..... ooh a castle....another castle wow..

Old 23-09-2012, 01:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
"Farm1" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message

I want to add a bunch of worms to my garden, both for their
beneficial effects, and for fishing.

You asked this question less than a month ago. If you didn't bother
to read the replys that were given then, don't bother asking the
question again.

If I recall correctly, you ignored me last time.

Ooh a castle, look another castle..... ooh a castle....another castle
wow..

:-))) Did you hear about the 2 goldfish in their tank? The first goldfish
turns to the other and says. "I'll man the guns, you drive."

Old 24-09-2012, 12:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Farm1" wrote

LOL. I did none of the above. But a memory span of less than a few weeks
must make your life 'interesting'.

It's better than Alzheimer's. You meet new people every day.

Steve

Old 24-09-2012, 12:06 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Farm1" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message
"Farm1" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message
I want to add a bunch of worms to my garden, both for their beneficial
effects, and for fishing.

You asked this question less than a month ago. If you didn't bother to
read the replys that were given then, don't bother asking the question
again.

If I recall correctly, you ignored me last time.

Your recall is not correct. You posted your question about worms under
the subject 'Eatrthworms' on 7 September. I responded and in fact posted
in that thread on 3 separate occasions. There were 9 posts in the thread
so I did my bit to provide info.

What makes this time
different? And was I drunk or absent the day you were put in charge?

You must have been drunk and/or have remained so ever since.

You must have some life to be able to devote so much time to researching all
this.

I'm just too busy.

Steve

Old 24-09-2012, 02:03 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Steve B" wrote in message
"Farm1" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message
"Farm1" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message
I want to add a bunch of worms to my garden, both for their beneficial
effects, and for fishing.

You asked this question less than a month ago. If you didn't bother to
read the replys that were given then, don't bother asking the question
again.

If I recall correctly, you ignored me last time.

Your recall is not correct. You posted your question about worms under
the subject 'Eatrthworms' on 7 September. I responded and in fact posted
in that thread on 3 separate occasions. There were 9 posts in the thread
so I did my bit to provide info.

What makes this time
different? And was I drunk or absent the day you were put in charge?

You must have been drunk and/or have remained so ever since.

You must have some life to be able to devote so much time to researching
all this.

All the posts from the last time you asked this question are still there
right on my screen. I'd hardly call it 'research' to be able to count up to
9.

I'm just too busy.

As are others.

Old 24-09-2012, 03:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Steve B wrote:
"Farm1" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message
I want to add a bunch of worms to my garden, both for their
beneficial effects, and for fishing.

You asked this question less than a month ago. If you didn't bother
to read the replys that were given then, don't bother asking the
question again.

If I recall correctly, you ignored me last time.

Ooh a castle, look another castle..... ooh a castle....another castle wow..

Oh god, I hope your not talking about mushrooms. Last time, on that
topic, he was outraged that a second opinion might be requested. He
obviously doesn't have both oars in the water.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

Old 24-09-2012, 03:04 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message
"Farm1" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message
I want to add a bunch of worms to my garden, both for their beneficial
effects, and for fishing.

You asked this question less than a month ago. If you didn't bother to
read the replys that were given then, don't bother asking the question
again.

If I recall correctly, you ignored me last time.

Your recall is not correct. You posted your question about worms under the
subject 'Eatrthworms' on 7 September. I responded and in fact posted in
that thread on 3 separate occasions. There were 9 posts in the thread so I
did my bit to provide info.

What makes this time
different? And was I drunk or absent the day you were put in charge?

You must have been drunk and/or have remained so ever since.

Seems to be a lot of that in this group.