Old 07-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Registered User

Default Buxus in Winter - Rennie Bottali

We have Buxus about 15 inches high approx 4 years old. About two years ago in winter we had very bad weather and some of the Buxus turned brown and died. Some areas of the Buxus are doing this again. With the level of rain we have been having they certainly dont need watering but I wanted to know if there was any special care that is needed through winter.

Any help would be great.

Kind Regards

Rennie Bottali
Old 08-11-2012, 03:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Bumpy Lawn with Broken Surface - Rennie Bottali

rennie bottali wrote:
Have not logged in for a while but do need some help.

Ok the lawn seems to be very bumpy with broken surface like mini mole
hills and soil coming up through grass. The grass is not fine and
there is a hard clay base about 8 inches below.

I completely weeded the garden about 4 months ago and it was in much
better condition before this.

If anyone has any idea about this strange condition please message.

Kind Regards

Rennie Bottali

If you want guesses about what is digging up your lawn it would be an idea
to say where you are. A photo as well would be even better.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

rennie bottali wrote:

the lawn seems to be very bumpy with broken surface like mini mole
hills and soil coming up through grass. If anyone has any idea about
this strange condition please message.

You already know, you have moles/voles. The real question is what can
you do about it... mostly depends on the size of your lawn.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Thursday, November 8, 2012 1:46:40 PM UTC, Brooklyn1 wrote:
rennie bottali wrote:

Hi

Update on this.

I am not sure its moles as the bumps are gradual and about 8 cm.

The ground is quite dry and hard and although the lawn is green it is very dry underneath.

I wanted to see id Scarifying the lawn would help.

Any help on this would be great.

Regards

Rennie Bottali

the lawn seems to be very bumpy with broken surface like mini mole

hills and soil coming up through grass. If anyone has any idea about

this strange condition please message.

You already know, you have moles/voles. The real question is what can

you do about it... mostly depends on the size of your lawn.

[IMG] code is On

Scarifying - Rennie Bottali rennie bottali Lawns 0 22-04-2012 04:46 PM
Buxus Winter Gem question [email protected] Gardening 1 17-04-2006 03:01 PM
Buxus anatomy Martin Hodson Plant Science 5 11-06-2003 10:44 PM
buxus MART United Kingdom 2 19-05-2003 09:20 PM
Bronze leaved buxus sempervirens info wanted Annabel United Kingdom 2 24-02-2003 10:34 AM