Old 25-11-2012, 05:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default partially eatin sweet

In article ,
"David E. Ross" wrote:

On 11/11/12 11:49 AM, Gardenbabe wrote:
can you eat sweet potatoes that have been partially eaten by a mouse or
other creature if you cut off all the eaten area and some extra.?

I often cut away portions of fruit that have been sampled by insects,
with no resulting harm to me.

If you are not squemish, cut away the sampled part before cooking, and
then cook the sweet potato thoroughly, it is likely okay.

When I say "cook the sweet potato thoroughly", I mean cook it until it
is easily mashed.

No microbe will withstand 350 F for 20 min.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

Old 25-11-2012, 06:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 09:56:19 -0800, Billy
wrote:

In article ,
"David E. Ross" wrote:

On 11/11/12 11:49 AM, Gardenbabe wrote:
can you eat sweet potatoes that have been partially eaten by a mouse or
other creature if you cut off all the eaten area and some extra.?

I often cut away portions of fruit that have been sampled by insects,
with no resulting harm to me.

If you are not squemish, cut away the sampled part before cooking, and
then cook the sweet potato thoroughly, it is likely okay.

When I say "cook the sweet potato thoroughly", I mean cook it until it
is easily mashed.

No microbe will withstand 350 F for 20 min.

You did.