Old 27-02-2003, 03:51 AM
Bunny McElwee

Default When to re-pot an Anthurium

I have an Anthurium Red Hot that is still in its original 7" store
pot. It is healthy, although it has not bloomed any flowers since I
brought it home (3 months ago). The leaves are clean, I have it near a
humidifier, but in looking in the pot, there appears to be little to
no soil left in the pot. Nothing but roots. I water it almost every
day, its sucking up water like there's no tomorrow. Is it time to take
this plant to the next size pot, and if so, what size should I go to
and what are the soil requirements? Thanks in advance!
Old 27-02-2003, 03:03 PM
Heather

I was given an Anthurium Red Hot that we had at the office that was not
taking to the environment very well. The lady who does the flowers at work
told me to re-pot it in a pot that is only a little larger than the one you
took it from and just to use a good potting soil and not to water it too
much. I replanted 2 weeks ago and it is looking very healthy so far. It
has a lot of red sprouts that seem to be continuing to grow (as it is a
younger plant) and should do well in the area of the house where I put it.

Hope that helps,

Heather

"Bunny McElwee" wrote in message
om...
I have an Anthurium Red Hot that is still in its original 7" store
pot. It is healthy, although it has not bloomed any flowers since I
brought it home (3 months ago). The leaves are clean, I have it near a
humidifier, but in looking in the pot, there appears to be little to
no soil left in the pot. Nothing but roots. I water it almost every
day, its sucking up water like there's no tomorrow. Is it time to take
this plant to the next size pot, and if so, what size should I go to
and what are the soil requirements? Thanks in advance!

[IMG] code is On

Anthurium Marutchi Garden Photos 0 08-11-2006 11:17 AM
Anthurium J.Güther Orchids 0 14-10-2005 09:00 PM
anthurium leaf turn brown at the middle of leaf edge Frank Gardening 0 03-08-2004 12:26 AM
Anthurium Gemini - no flowers! Sparklebug Gardening 0 15-02-2003 06:03 AM