Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-02-2013, 02:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Sandy killed my garden

Hi all

I live 1 block from the ocean in Rockaway, NY. My entire property was
inundated with about 7 feet of salt water by Sandy. My lawn is dead.
My azaleas are dead. My butterfly bushes and my lilacs and my day
lilies are dead.

Now that I have a decent start on getting my house fixed, I would like
to ask advice about what to do about my garden and lawn. My main
concern is soil remediation- my property is all sand and given the
proximity to the ocean, it's usually salty but it's got to be severe
now. We've got good drainage and we've had snow and rain since then-
will that have gotten rid of the salt and any contaminants?

All advice appreciated.

Chris

[IMG] code is On

Best pavement for sandy (very!) garden [email protected] United Kingdom 2 10-05-2006 04:14 PM
Dry, Sandy, Sunny Kitchen Garden area Steve Harris United Kingdom 4 09-09-2003 12:27 AM
sandy potting mix ? Tara United Kingdom 4 21-04-2003 02:35 PM
sandy soil Willow Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
stablize pond sides in sandy soil John Bachman Ponds 6 02-04-2003 01:56 AM