Old 02-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Registered User

Default propagators

We have a large propagator which hubby usses for his tomato plants, but as I have some flower seeds to sow and really can not wait for him to finish with it I thought I would like to get myself a small heated one, I have looked online but I can not seem to find one. I cannot afford much.
I do not have a sunny window sill and our greenhouse is not heated, so I am a bit stuck. Any ideas
Old 02-03-2013, 11:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

angela1 wrote:
We have a large propagator which hubby usses for his tomato plants,
but as I have some flower seeds to sow and really can not wait for
him to finish with it I thought I would like to get myself a small
heated one, I have looked online but I can not seem to find one. I
cannot afford much.
I do not have a sunny window sill and our greenhouse is not heated,
so I am a bit stuck. Any ideas

Plant them in with the tomatos.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

I have a greenhouse so don't need one, but I used to use a waterbed
heater on the lowest setting, buffered with towels when it got too
warm. Also, old electric blankets work, but be very careful and never
water plants on a electric blanket...and don't use it anywhere it
could catch fire.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

--

angela1

Heating pad on low?

[IMG] code is On

Heated Propagators Rupert United Kingdom 4 30-11-2005 08:55 AM
Propagators Titch United Kingdom 4 24-03-2004 10:22 PM
Propagators Titch United Kingdom 2 24-03-2004 05:51 PM
Propagators Titch United Kingdom 6 24-03-2004 05:36 PM
Propagators Titch United Kingdom 0 24-03-2004 05:22 PM