Old 16-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Registered User

Default Tree fern

The crown of my fern is black,it was the same last year is it dead or can something be done
Old 16-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnie 1 View Post
The crown of my fern is black,it was the same last year is it dead or can something be done
If it looks just like last year, and it carried on to produce new fronds last year, then why are you worried? Many places spring is late this year. If it didn't produce any new fronds last year, then it is dead and there is nothing that can be done.

To provide more detailed info, we would need to know
species of fern?
outdoors or in?
if outdoors, where are you, what level of winter protection you provide, and how much watering you do.
Old 17-05-2013, 01:19 AM posted to rec.gardens

arnie 1 wrote:
The crown of my fern is black,it was the same last year is it dead or
can something be done

This is a very vague question. Do you want a vague answer or do you want to
supply some more details?

David