Old 29-05-2014, 10:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default linden tree

I have beautiful small leaf linden tree ,but some of the lower branches are
hanging too low,is it ok to prune some of those lower branches this time of
year,i live in Wisconsin.Very hard to cut the grass under these branches
..Thanks much.

Old 29-05-2014, 11:37 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 5/29/2014 5:23 PM, pacca wrote:
I have beautiful small leaf linden tree ,but some of the lower branches
are hanging too low,is it ok to prune some of those lower branches this
time of year,i live in Wisconsin.Very hard to cut the grass under these
branches .Thanks much.

This says prune prior to bud break:

https://extension.unh.edu/resources/...595_Rep617.pdf

Late spring and summer pruning stress the tree.
Old 30-05-2014, 12:49 AM posted to rec.gardens

"pacca" wrote:

I have beautiful small leaf linden tree ,but some of the lower branches are
hanging too low,is it ok to prune some of those lower branches this time of
year,i live in Wisconsin.Very hard to cut the grass under these branches
.Thanks much.

No reason you can't judiciously remove some branches... the deer keep
mine pruned all year. I suggest reading up on how to make the cut,
best to angle the cut so that the top protrudes more to shed rain/snow
or dry rot will occur. This -/ Not this -\

[IMG] code is On

linden tree Tony Pacc Gardening 1 02-07-2006 09:04 PM
Linden tree? Tony Pacc Gardening 14 13-09-2005 08:22 AM
LINDEN Or LIME-TREE Xavier Vanbecelaere Gardening 4 27-09-2003 02:12 PM
LINDEN Or LIME-TREE Xavier Vanbecelaere Plant Science 2 27-09-2003 02:02 PM
Hail damaged Linden Scott Gingerich Gardening 0 13-05-2003 04:56 PM