Old 03-07-2014, 01:38 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Nimblewill spreading throughout the yard

It is now six days since I applied the Tenacity and the Nimblewill is really dying. I have a lot of pale straw-colored patches in the yard where I applied the spray. It is really amazing, the lawn grass interspersed with the Nimblewill has not changed color at all, and the Nimblewill looks like it is on the way out. Only thing is I now can see a bunch of smaller weed patches that I didn't see the first time around, so I will have to go out tomorrow and give them a dose of spray. But, it looks like Tenacity is a winner for me over the Nimblewill.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:19 AM posted to rec.gardens

" writes:

It is now six days since I applied the Tenacity and the Nimblewill is
really dying. I have a lot of pale straw-colored patches in the yard
where I applied the spray. It is really amazing, the lawn grass
interspersed with the Nimblewill has not changed color at all, and the
Nimblewill looks like it is on the way out. Only thing is I now can
see a bunch of smaller weed patches that I didn't see the first time
around, so I will have to go out tomorrow and give them a dose of
spray. But, it looks like Tenacity is a winner for me over the
Nimblewill.

My other pernicious weed is violet.
Any violets in your yard? Any effect?
Weed-be-gone seems useless.

--
Dan Espen
Old 03-07-2014, 05:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

Yes, we do have a few violets. I find that repeated spraying of Spectracide weed killer does work, but takes several applications close together. I also have been known to apply a couple of drops of Roundup directly onto a violet leaf, avoiding any grass. I'll try the Tenacity on the violets if I can find any, they're pretty well gone.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

" writes:

Yes, we do have a few violets. I find that repeated spraying of
Spectracide weed killer does work, but takes several applications
close together. I also have been known to apply a couple of drops of
Roundup directly onto a violet leaf, avoiding any grass. I'll try the
Tenacity on the violets if I can find any, they're pretty well gone.

Never thought of a drop of Roundup. That sounds like that might be
pretty easy. I have a spare eyedropper. I tried a paint brush.
Couldn't easily get the liquid on the leaves.

--
Dan Espen
Old 13-07-2014, 05:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

For grins, I tried spraying the Tenacity on crabgrass, it worked great. Now I have several more pale spots in my yard, but the Tenacity does not seem to have had ANY effect on my normal grass (Don't know what varieties I actually have, it is a mixture of various stuff from when we bought the house 49 years ago and what I have reseeded over the years.