Old 27-09-2014, 07:29 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Question for David H-S

David, do you know the name of that grassy weed with the very nasty seed
head that appears in front of the face of the pic that is labelled
"Leila attack pup"?

Ive had an infestation of that same weed here in my veg garden and have
had to spray and spend too many hours on my knees trying to get rid of
it - no sign so far this year but there is plenty of time for it to
appear before the summer really hits. I think it came in with a load of
horse manure form a neighbour.

TIA
Old 27-09-2014, 08:18 AM posted to rec.gardens

Fran Farmer wrote:
David, do you know the name of that grassy weed with the very nasty
seed head that appears in front of the face of the pic that is
labelled "Leila attack pup"?

Ive had an infestation of that same weed here in my veg garden and
have had to spray and spend too many hours on my knees trying to get
rid of it - no sign so far this year but there is plenty of time for
it to appear before the summer really hits. I think it came in with a
load of horse manure form a neighbour.

TIA

Sorry I don't know.

--
David

A better world requires a daily struggle
against those who would mislead us.
Old 27-09-2014, 11:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

Fran Farmer wrote:
David, do you know the name of that grassy weed with the very nasty
seed head that appears in front of the face of the pic that is
labelled "Leila attack pup"?

Ive had an infestation of that same weed here in my veg garden and
have had to spray and spend too many hours on my knees trying to get
rid of it - no sign so far this year but there is plenty of time for
it to appear before the summer really hits. I think it came in with a
load of horse manure form a neighbour.

TIA

Sorry I don't know.

Oh well - it was worth a try. That weed has got to be one of the most
nasty ones we've ever had here. Worse than Paterson's Curse or Cape
Weed or even Serrated tussock.

[IMG] code is On

[IBC] about David easterbrook Andre Slivitzly Bonsai 0 30-01-2004 06:19 PM
David Austin Rose - Abraham Darby Elegant Embroidery Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:33 AM
David Hunt Orchids? Reka Orchids 6 26-02-2003 04:15 AM
David's Dahlia Starlord Gardening 0 10-02-2003 03:55 PM
[IBC] To: David J. Bockman (Returned mail: see transcript for details) John - NJ Bonsai 0 28-01-2003 09:46 PM