Old 03-05-2020, 09:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Critters eating leaves of Oakleaf Hydrangea

Hi Everyone,

I have a young Oakleaf Hydrangea, and something is eating the leaves. Any recommendations at to an eco-friendly spray?

Pictures can be seen he https://imgur.com/fzZNZJb

I see no aphids or ants, but can't ID whatever is causing the damage.

thanks
Old 03-05-2020, 11:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 5/3/2020 1:35 PM, Thomas Kaufman wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I have a young Oakleaf Hydrangea, and something is eating the leaves. Any recommendations at to an eco-friendly spray?

Pictures can be seen he https://imgur.com/fzZNZJb

I see no aphids or ants, but can't ID whatever is causing the damage.

thanks

Spraying only helps if the leaf-eaters are chewing-type insects. If
they are snails or slugs, alternative control methods must be used.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
Old 03-05-2020, 11:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 5/3/2020 3:42 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 5/3/2020 1:35 PM, Thomas Kaufman wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I have a young Oakleaf Hydrangea, and something is eating the leaves. Any recommendations at to an eco-friendly spray?

Pictures can be seen he https://imgur.com/fzZNZJb

I see no aphids or ants, but can't ID whatever is causing the damage.

thanks

Spraying only helps if the leaf-eaters are chewing-type insects. If
they are snails or slugs, alternative control methods must be used.

Oops! I meant to add that you must therefore try to identify the
"critters"

--
David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/

Would the United States be more prepared to deal with COVID-19
if President Trump had not cut the budgets of the National
Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention (CDC)? His administration also eliminated the
Directorate for Global Health and Security and Bio-Defense,
the agency within the National Security Council tasked to
provide early warnings about epidemics and pandemics.

[IMG] code is On

Corn Eating Critters? Kenneth D. Schillinger Edible Gardening 4 19-09-2005 05:58 AM
lily-eating critters Elizabeth United Kingdom 5 20-06-2003 06:32 PM
oakleaf hydrangea gerboa man Gardening 4 26-05-2003 07:32 AM
critters keep eating my tomatoes fantabular Gardening 6 16-04-2003 05:56 PM