Old 01-03-2003, 03:39 PM
Shadow

Default Crows

Heard my first crow of the year this morning. I'm not sure if it was a
migratory crow or not, but just hearing it brought a smile to my face, even
though there is still 5 feet of snow covering up my gardens.

:-)

--
Shadow
Made In Canada, eh.

Old 01-03-2003, 05:15 PM
Ann

"Shadow" expounded:

Heard my first crow of the year this morning. I'm not sure if it was a
migratory crow or not, but just hearing it brought a smile to my face, even
though there is still 5 feet of snow covering up my gardens.

5 *feet*??!? Wow, and I'm happy with the 8" that's still out there!

It's 40 out there today, more should melt now. Those garden beds may
be revealed soon!

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 01-03-2003, 06:15 PM
Shadow

It's 40 out there today, more should melt now. Those garden beds may
be revealed soon!

It's rather nice here today also.....0 C (32F), and sunny, but there's more
snow on the way Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday, along with -7C (20F) to -20C
(-4F) temperatures. But I'm gonna be optimistic and start some plants
indoors this weekend anyway.

:-)

--
Shadow
Made In Canada, eh.

Old 01-03-2003, 07:03 PM
Dominique d'Argonne de Leau

One must be careful of migratory crows as they are not careful about
where they shit. Domestic crows, on the other hand, can be trained to
pile thier droppings in specific areas.

Old 01-03-2003, 08:29 PM
Zemedelec

Yeah! I love crows--so clever, swift flyers, harsh laughers.

In Czech they have 3 names for large, black birds: crow= vrana or havran,
raven= krkavec.
zemedelec

Old 03-03-2003, 02:39 PM
harrison

After all the discussion about crows and West Nile, I started looking for
the mob that used to haunt my neighborhood. I knew some were still around
becuase I could hear them, but I saw the first one in three or four months
yesterday. WE were overloaded with them, so while I'm glad some survived,
I'm glad the group is thinned. Too bad West Nile didn't strike pigeons.
Eugenia, zone 6, two towns west of Boston
"Zemedelec" wrote in message
Yeah! I love crows--so clever, swift flyers, harsh laughers.

In Czech they have 3 names for large, black birds: crow= vrana or havran,
raven= krkavec.
zemedelec

[IMG] code is On

Scare Crows - Effective? Nedra Ponds 9 16-06-2003 11:08 PM
Crows eradicated in DC, Paghat debunked animaux Gardening 32 29-01-2003 06:01 PM
Crows eradicated - IntarsiaCo NewsUser Gardening 1 28-01-2003 07:37 PM
Crows eradicated in DC, Paghat debunked IntarsiaCo Gardening 2 28-01-2003 05:57 PM
Crows eradicated in DC paghat Gardening 1 28-01-2003 03:51 AM