Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-05-2003, 04:32 AM
animaux

Default Compost tea

Okay, we finally had FIVE inches of rain today. Nothing for 9 weeks, then 5
inches. Good thing I watered yesterday so a lot of it soaked into the ground,
vs. running off...anyway...

I have several rain barrels full of beautiful rain water. In one of them I want
to make compost tea. I have compost which is both fungal and bacterial. In a
75 gallon drum, how much compost should I use, and should I make a tea ball out
of it with cheese cloth, or just let it sit in the bottom when I steep with the
air stone?

Any suggestions are welcome. I've never made aerobic compost tea before. I'm
on my way over to www.soilfoodweb.com but would like to hear back from anyone
who has made their own.

Thanks,
Victoria