Old 18-05-2003, 03:56 PM
Unisaw

Default Edging Concrete Pavers

I posted a photo at alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

After 15 years, my walkway needed to be reset. It is dry and had no
edging. My plan was to put a bead of concrete along the edge, but I
did not want to have the concrete come in contact with the pavers. So,
I went to Home Depot and bought the plastic strips sold in the paint
dept. that are used to edge carpet when painting interior trim. I put
these down and voila!

Most wood would rot withing 5 years and the edging systems sold are
just too expensive for a 100' of pavers.

Remove the spammm from email address
Old 18-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Timothy

I posted a photo at alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

After 15 years, my walkway needed to be reset. It is dry and had no
edging. My plan was to put a bead of concrete along the edge, but I did
not want to have the concrete come in contact with the pavers. So, I
went to Home Depot and bought the plastic strips sold in the paint dept.
that are used to edge carpet when painting interior trim. I put these
down and voila!

Most wood would rot withing 5 years and the edging systems sold are just
too expensive for a 100' of pavers.

Remove the spammm from email address

I tend to use a lot of Trex bender boards for such things. At .89 cents
per foot, it's not all too expensive. It will last 40 years above ground
and at least 20 in the ground. At least that's what the trex sales man
said. Trex is made of recycled hardwoods and recycled plastic
bags/bottles. The decking boards come in quite a few different colors but
the benders only come in grey at the moment.
http://www.trex.com/universal/showca...es/default.asp

--
http://yard-works.netfirms.com