Old 18-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Mick709

Default WHATS EATING MY ROSES??

Howdy all!

A few weeks ago I noticed something nibbled the top 1/3 off of one of my rose
buds. The next day something nibbled on ANOTHER bud. Well, yesterday I noticed
that something ate ALL the buds off of 2 of the 4 bushes. What in the world
would want to eat thorny rose buds and what I can I do about it??
(Aside from a fence, I mean )

TIA!
MICK!
Old 19-05-2003, 03:20 AM
Lorie

I had the same happen.
Look closely under the leaves for a green worm.
The worm comes out at night and eats the tops of the buds then hides under
the leaves during the day.
As the worm grows they will eat entire buds and also eat away at the stems
making the stem curl and become black leaving the stem to die or become
deformed.
The worms can become quite large as long as an inch.
I have also found these worms on my Rodos.
I used an insecticide to control them.
Good luck.

Old 20-05-2003, 03:32 AM
Zemedelec

Subject: WHATS EATING MY ROSES??

Guilt? Sibling rivalry? Worry about losing their job??
zemedelec