Old 26-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Betsy

Default patchouli

Hi. I bought a plant last year at the herb festival. I haven't seen seed
for it or plants anywhere else, ever.

It grew as an annual. This year, all the plants I've seen have had no
scent! The plant I bought last year had a wonderful, really powerful scent.

So, does anybody know anything about this herb? Where to buy seeds? What
varieties are good? Does weather (it's been cold & rainy here) have an
effect on the strength of the scent?

Old 27-05-2003, 02:20 AM
jammer

On Mon, 26 May 2003 13:31:32 -0400, "Betsy" -0 wrote:

Hi. I bought a plant last year at the herb festival. I haven't seen seed
for it or plants anywhere else, ever.

It grew as an annual. This year, all the plants I've seen have had no
scent! The plant I bought last year had a wonderful, really powerful scent.

So, does anybody know anything about this herb? Where to buy seeds? What
varieties are good? Does weather (it's been cold & rainy here) have an
effect on the strength of the scent?

Type in patchouli seeds and you'll get plenty of hits.
http://inharmonyherbs.com/medseed.htm

Old 27-05-2003, 03:08 AM
Tom Jaszewski

Yikes, this post almost instigated a flashback....

I've searched for 20 minutes or longer and can't find seed...anyone?

On Mon, 26 May 2003 20:18:45 -0500, jammer j@mmer wrote:

On Mon, 26 May 2003 13:31:32 -0400, "Betsy" -0 wrote:

Hi. I bought a plant last year at the herb festival. I haven't seen seed
for it or plants anywhere else, ever.

It grew as an annual. This year, all the plants I've seen have had no
scent! The plant I bought last year had a wonderful, really powerful scent.

So, does anybody know anything about this herb? Where to buy seeds? What
varieties are good? Does weather (it's been cold & rainy here) have an
effect on the strength of the scent?

Type in patchouli seeds and you'll get plenty of hits.
http://inharmonyherbs.com/medseed.htm

"Nature, left alone, is in perfect balance.
Harmful insects and plant diseases are always present,
but do not occur in nature to an extent which requires the use of poisonous chemicals.
The sensible approach to disease and insect control is to grow sturdy crops in a healthy environment."

Masanobu Fukuoka, One Straw Revolution--1978
Old 27-05-2003, 01:08 PM
Frogleg

On Mon, 26 May 2003 19:12:18 -0700, Tom Jaszewski
wrote:

Yikes, this post almost instigated a flashback....

I've searched for 20 minutes or longer and can't find seed...anyone?

On Mon, 26 May 2003 20:18:45 -0500, jammer j@mmer wrote:

On Mon, 26 May 2003 13:31:32 -0400, "Betsy" -0 wrote:

Hi. I bought a plant last year at the herb festival. I haven't seen seed
for it or plants anywhere else, ever.

It grew as an annual. This year, all the plants I've seen have had no
scent! The plant I bought last year had a wonderful, really powerful scent.

So, does anybody know anything about this herb? Where to buy seeds? What
varieties are good? Does weather (it's been cold & rainy here) have an
effect on the strength of the scent?

Type in patchouli seeds and you'll get plenty of hits.
http://inharmonyherbs.com/medseed.htm

bigdipperfarm.com has a listing, 'though it seems to be a plant, not
seeds.
Old 27-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Callen Molenda

Ha ha, I thought the same thing. I'm getting old...

I never thought of growing it and I'm not too sure I'd want to!

Callen

Old 28-05-2003, 01:08 PM
Tom Jaszewski

On Tue, 27 May 2003 18:09:58 -0500, jammer j@mmer wrote:

I posted one link.....

and if you followed it you'd have found what I did, leaf material and
oil, but NO seed. Thanks for the effort....

Old 30-05-2003, 03:08 AM
Sasha

http://www.richters.com

They have patchouli seeds, plants, plug trays, and dried tops.

Sasha