Old 26-05-2003, 09:08 PM
TOM KAN PA

Default Q. Plants that "die" after blooming???

I know that you let the foliage on bulb plants turn brown before cutting them
back, in order to put strength back into the bulbs.
What about other plants, for instance the Oriental Poppy? Soon after the blooms
are gone, the foliage looks like hell and starts "dying" back. Should these
plants be allowed to look bad for awhile, or is it OK to cut them back when the
blooms are gone? Any other plants that have to prepare theirselves for next
year before you can do anything to them?

Old 26-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Cereoid-UR12yo

Any plants that have storage organs need to have the foliage remain on the
plant until they die back on their own.