Old 10-08-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Hibiscus After Blooming

My hibiscus plant was so magnificent this year -- hundreds of
dish-sized red blooms, but I think the show is over for the year. At
some point I'm sure I'm supposed to cut it back. When? I need help!

Thanks.

Old 10-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Cereus-validus.......

Leave the flower stems alone. Hibiscus will continue to bloom until frost.
Don't cut them back until the stems begin to die back on their own.

wrote in message
oups.com...
My hibiscus plant was so magnificent this year -- hundreds of
dish-sized red blooms, but I think the show is over for the year. At
some point I'm sure I'm supposed to cut it back. When? I need help!

Thanks.

[IMG] code is On

Hibiscus is blooming Karen Ponds 3 07-08-2004 02:52 AM
Hibiscus is blooming Pinkpggy Ponds 2 06-08-2004 03:21 AM
there will be an insane ramble later after I get home (OT of course ) but MORE blooming part three!! madgardener Gardening 6 29-12-2003 01:04 AM
Blooming while lily after a recent rain - zephyranthes? Robert Wilson Texas 7 29-05-2003 05:23 AM
Q. Plants that "die" after blooming??? TOM KAN PA Gardening 2 27-05-2003 02:20 AM