Old 30-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default How Long Do Baby Birds Nest?

The message
from animaux contains these words:

On Thu, 29 May 2003 22:22:18 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

I saw the Dalai Llama a few years ago when he visited Samye Ling ,a
Tibetan monastery in Scotland (and he was supposed to come to our
next-door island Holy Isle this Saturday for the opening of the new
centre Samye Ling has built there; only he's not). His extraordinary
presence alone is worth going for; but his speech was a disappointment
because he spoke almost inaudibly through an interpreter who had a flat
expressionless voice and the only microphone.

Janet.
Isle of Arran

For some reason, I fully understand him.

Not even you would be able to understand him when what he says is too
quiet to hear, as it was that day :-). When he speaks on TV, he's easy
to understand.

Janet.

Old 31-05-2003, 03:44 AM
animaux

On Fri, 30 May 2003 22:45:59 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

Not even you would be able to understand him when what he says is too
quiet to hear, as it was that day :-). When he speaks on TV, he's easy
to understand.

Janet.

I'm a run to the front row person when it comes to important ideas. I suppose I
transpose myself into a person who can hear English through his Tibetan tongue.
It's sort of like Chinese that drags to a sharp point, but dull. I know, I
think too much.