Old 28-05-2003, 02:44 PM
NAearthMOM

Default any great gardens in colorado?

I'm travelling there in July. Any great gardens to check out? I'll
be in the Englewood/Denver area.
Love caryn
"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"
Old 30-05-2003, 12:20 AM
Marcosis

Here are a couple of great ones that you should visit.
Both have very nice xeriscape gardens, too.

http://www.botanicgardens.org
http://www.hudsongardens.org

Old 30-05-2003, 04:09 PM
NAearthMOM

thank you!
Hudson has great screensavers!
Old 30-05-2003, 04:09 PM
Sed5555

I'm travelling there in July. Any great gardens to check out?

Hudson Gardens is located just south of Englewood. This is a casual,
visitor-friendly garden with gravel paths. It has a "country" feel to it.
Denver Botanic Gardens is in the heart of Denver. It is a more formal, but also
more extensive garden.
They have a new garden in downtown Denver, based on a traditional French garden
but created with xeriscape plants. I can't remember the name of it, but if I
find out I'll send it to you by email.
Denver Water Dept. has a xeriscape garden but it's not very large.
sed5555
Old 31-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Marcosis

If you want to get into the mountains and hike a bit while visiting Denver,
you might also want to visit this one:
http://www.frontrangeliving.com/outd...untGoliath.htm
http://www.botanicgardens.org/pageinpage/mtgoliath.cfm
I don't think it opens until late June due to snowpack, but you're visiting
in July anyway. July is the perfect time to go there. Very pretty
other-worldly hike through alpine and sub-alpine tundra, I'd recommend it.

Mark.