Old 08-06-2003, 04:08 PM
RFIFER

Default New Sprinkler System: Rain Bird, Hunter, Toro, etc...?

I'm shopping around for a new sprinkler system. Anyone have any experience
with different brands? Seems every lawn irrigation company uses a different
mix of these brands and models. Any suggestions which controller, valves
and heads to get? I have about 1/2 acre that will take about 6 zones. Any
website with this kind of info? Thanks in advance!
Old 12-06-2003, 11:56 AM
tflfb

I have a Rain Bird and its the worst I have had to replace every valve and
almost all the head in 9 yrs, I'de try a Toro.

om...

Old 12-06-2003, 01:32 PM
Tom Jaszewski

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 05:53:44 -0500, "tflfb" wrote:

I have a Rain Bird and its the worst I have had to replace every valve and
almost all the head in 9 yrs, I'de try a Toro.

Thats called maintenance.

I agree I have had Toro valves for 10 years with NO failures. As is
typical these days those valves are about to be discontinued! I've
gone to Weathermatic series 11000. They've been in daily use for 8
years with few problems (over 350 valves).

Toro 570 popups are certainly tougher than Rainbird, but expect to
change out nozzles every 5 years if you have very hard water.