Old 16-06-2003, 04:04 PM
Jack

Default Clump birch planting question

Hello all,
I have two small (8-10ft) whitespire birch trees. The trunks on each are
close to each other, and a bit intertwined. When I plant the tree, is there
a way to safely train the trunks to separate ??

Your advice is greatly appreciated.
-jack

Old 16-06-2003, 04:04 PM
David J Bockman

Yes. While still young and supple, I would stake out the trunks, pulling
them apart (or perhaps just one, if that would create a more attractive
shape). I just use black cord and bamboo stakes, being careful to pad the
trunk around which the cord goes. For padding I usually slice a bit of
bicycle tire innertube and place it between trunk and cord.

Dave

"Jack" wrote in message
Hello all,
I have two small (8-10ft) whitespire birch trees. The trunks on each are
close to each other, and a bit intertwined. When I plant the tree, is

there
a way to safely train the trunks to separate ??

Your advice is greatly appreciated.
-jack

[IMG] code is On

Clump birch is drooping RJ Gardening 1 21-05-2006 01:28 AM
Rot discovered in Birch tree - Bronze Birch Borer ? Some Guy Lawns 6 11-07-2004 08:02 PM
Rot discovered in Birch tree - Bronze Birch Borer ? Some Guy Gardening 6 11-07-2004 08:02 PM
Bamboo - How clumpy is clump forming? Paul Kelly United Kingdom 9 22-06-2003 03:09 AM
Bamboo - How clumpy is clump forming? Paul Kelly United Kingdom 3 09-06-2003 06:32 PM