Old 17-06-2003, 12:32 AM
Pete

Default chicken wire

Will 2' high chicken wire keep anything out of a vegetable garden or is
there a better solution?
thanks in advance

Old 17-06-2003, 01:08 AM
Bob B.

In article ,
"Pete" wrote:

Will 2' high chicken wire keep anything out of a vegetable garden or is
there a better solution?
thanks in advance

My experience: its worked for me - but about 4 inches should be below
ground(rabbits dig), and get the 1 inch holes, not the 2 inch.

Bob B.
Old 17-06-2003, 02:32 AM
Phisherman

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:15:00 GMT, "Pete"
wrote:

Will 2' high chicken wire keep anything out of a vegetable garden or is
there a better solution?
thanks in advance

Might keep out rabbits, turtles, possibly a dog. A 3 foot fence
fastened at the bottom to a long log will keep out more animals, but
I'd go with an electric fence (in addition to the 2' chicken wire).
Old 17-06-2003, 06:20 AM
Trevise

"Pete" wrote in message
Will 2' high chicken wire keep anything out of a vegetable garden or is
there a better solution?
thanks in advance

Define "anything".
It wouldn't keep ME out...lol...

Old 17-06-2003, 03:44 PM
Frogleg

wrote:

Will 2' high chicken wire keep anything out of a vegetable garden or is
there a better solution?
thanks in advance

Not deer. Not moles. Not adult rabbits, unless you use 18" under and
at least 2' above ground. Not baby rabbits, nor any small mammal whose
head is smaller than the mesh of the wire. Not birds, of course. What
are you trying to fence out?

Old 17-06-2003, 07:43 PM
Spud Demon

"Pete" writes in article dated Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:15:00 GMT:
Will 2' high chicken wire keep anything out of a vegetable garden or is
there a better solution?
thanks in advance

One year someone Shatner or some THING /Shatner dug up and absconded
with all my pumpkin sprouts the first week they came up. I put in 2'
chicken wire and replanted, and I didn't have any more trouble.

I imagine its effectiveness is related to how bad the critters want in.
Most could get past it if they really wanted to.

--Thundermaker$yahoo.com (Spud Demon)
The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.