Old 24-06-2003, 05:56 PM
KatoKirk

Default Lots of Morning Glory seeds

I have a plastic grocery bag of morning glory seeds. Please let me know if
anyone wants any. I have used 3 handfuls in 3 different areas in my yard
already and don't really have any other spots that get much sun. I will be
happy to send some seeds to anyone who would want some. FREE!!!
Kirsten in Ohio
Old 25-06-2003, 04:44 PM
KatoKirk

Well, when we rented a house a couple years ago I had them climbing all over a
chainlink fence in the backyard. I didn't want to leave any of the plants
behind so I cut them all down in the fall and dried them, then while my husband
worked on his cars in the garage, I sat outside in a lawnchair and a bowl on my
lap and divided the seeds from the pods. Just turned out to be about a 3/4
grocery bag full. The rest is history.
Kirsten in Ohio

Old 25-06-2003, 11:56 PM
rosie readandpost

so i have a question:
did you do something special to the dirt that you planted the MG seeds in?

--
read and post daily, it works!
rosie

Old 26-06-2003, 08:44 AM
gregpresley

I'd be a little hesitant about this. Around here, the vine that looks like
small morning glories and loves to climb chain link fences on
non-intensively-gardened plots is bindweed, a close relative. Giving away
bindweed seeds would be like giving away radioactive toys. Were the flowers
of these morning glories about 1 inch in diameter, and did they come in
either white or pink flowers, but no deep reds, purples, or blues? If the
answer to those last two questions is yes, send those seeds to the nearest
incinerator.....LOL

Old 26-06-2003, 03:56 PM
KatoKirk

I did nothing special to the dirt, I pretty much just overturned it, planted
the seeds under the dirt and covered them, they came up about 2 weeks later.
The ones that I recently just planted all I did was turn the dirt over and
sprinkled them all over where I wanted them and watered. They are coming up
just leaves right now, waiting patiently for them to get tall enough to climb
my trellis that I have waiting for them.
Kirsten in Ohio

Old 26-06-2003, 03:56 PM
KatoKirk

Not sure what you mean, but the first seeds I used to plant them along the
chain-link fence were from a morning glory seed packet. There were pinks,
purples, whites and some blues.
Kirsten in Ohio
Old 26-06-2003, 04:20 PM
rosie readandpost

do they need alot of direct sunlight?

--
read and post daily, it works!
rosie

Old 26-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Starlord

Out here in the high mojave desert even blindweed would be just another flower
that would not last the summer unless someone grew it and watered it.

--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org

Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/

"KatoKirk" wrote in message
Well, when we rented a house a couple years ago I had them climbing all

over a
chainlink fence in the backyard. I didn't want to leave any of the plants
behind so I cut them all down in the fall and dried them, then while my

husband
worked on his cars in the garage, I sat outside in a lawnchair and a bowl

on my
lap and divided the seeds from the pods. Just turned out to be about a

3/4
grocery bag full. The rest is history.
Kirsten in Ohio

---

Old 26-06-2003, 04:56 PM
KatoKirk

The ones that I planted at the rental house got early morning until 3PM, then
nothing because the house was in the way. The ones I have now on the South
side of my house only get 10AM till 5PM or so, I am going to see how they do.
They are still seedlings, just green leaves now, not tall enough to grab onto
the trellis that I have waiting.
Kirsten in Ohio
Old 26-06-2003, 11:20 PM
Frogleg

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:31:18 -0700, "Starlord"
wrote:

Out here in the high mojave desert even blindweed would be just another flower
that would not last the summer unless someone grew it and watered it.

I mentioned to someone today that in New Mexico, if you didn't water
something, it dried up and blew away (except goatheads). This came to
mind as I fought my way through rampant ivy, vinca, honeysuckle,
privet, wild grapevine, forsythia, and mint to get close enough to
clip a gardenia bloom from an 8' tall bush. Everything's a trade-off.
You got y'r watering, and I got my weeding/pruning/whacking/sawing off
and cutting down. I also have humidity, which I would happily
donate.