Old 30-06-2003, 03:08 AM
kathy

Default Shrub called Snow on the Mountain

I got one. I can't find a THING about it. It has multi colored leaves
of pink white green etc. It has multi branched form. Anyone? It is SO
pretty, now can someone tell me where to plant it...please.
Kathy
Old 30-06-2003, 03:44 AM
ecologicals

Dunno. But google does! http://www.botany.com/10.sn.html

--
John H. Immink

www.renaissancegardens.com/
m...

Old 01-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Elizabeth

Sounds like Breynia nivosa. Try here
http://www.mobot.org/gardeninghelp/p...dea/A489.shtml

--
elizabeth, Baton Rouge, LA
http://community.webshots.com/user/elott63

m...

Old 02-07-2003, 09:44 AM
kathy

"Well this is REALLY bad news. I don't live in zone 10. I live in zone
8B DAMN. This is one very pretty shrub. Has anyone got this plant to
survive winter by burying it in leaves?
KShuller

..ecologicals" wrote in message . ca...
Dunno. But google does! http://www.botany.com/10.sn.html

--
John H. Immink

www.renaissancegardens.com/
m...

Old 02-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Tyra Trevellyn

From: (kathy)
Date: Wed, Jul 2, 2003 4:40 AM

.ecologicals" wrote in message

. ca...
Dunno. But google does!
http://www.botany.com/10.sn.html

--
John H. Immink

www.renaissancegardens.com/
"kathy" wrote in message
m...
I got one. I can't find a THING about it. It has multi colored leaves
of pink white green etc. It has multi branched form. Anyone? It is SO
pretty, now can someone tell me where to plant it...please.
Kathy

"Well this is REALLY bad news. I don't live in zone 10. I live in zone
8B DAMN. This is one very pretty shrub. Has anyone got this plant to
survive winter by burying it in leaves?
KShuller

Kathy:

Snow-on-the-mountain (Euphorbia marginata) is shrubby, but isn't by definition
a shrub. It's an annual and will die after it blooms and sets seed, no matter
what zone you live in (don't be fooled by some persistent foliage). You should
be able to find seeds for this plant quite easily. (Be sure to get a tall
variety, 36" is about the tallest). Sow them in place* in earliest spring
(*where you want them to grow outdoors ..... they don't like being
transplanted). They grow quickly and you'll have all the plants you want.

Best,
Tyra
nNJ usa z7