Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Jay Chan

Default How to Keep Shasta Daisy Short?

I mistakenly plants some shasta daisy flowers in area that is too
small for them because I have totally under-estimated their sizes in
maturity. Now, I have two problems:

1. They are too tall for the small flower garden. That is not
the kind of look that I want.

2. After a couple days of rains, their branches are falling all
over the place -- very messy. They are pushing over the small
annual flowers in the garden border.

I should have chosen other daisy-like plants that are much shorter (my
wife likes daisy-like flowers). I am not planning to replace them yet
unless I have no choice. I would like to know if I can somehow keep
them short. I am under the impression that I can keep mum short and
bushy if I cut them in summer (early summer? late summer?). Can I do
the similar thing to shasta daisy to keep them short and bushy?

Is there something that I can do to keep them short this year? Is that
too late now that they have started flowering now?

Is there anything that I can do to prevent them from getting too tall
for next year?

Please help. Thanks.

Jay Chan

[IMG] code is On

Short short shoud you keep you bonsais/ Chris C. Grier Bonsai 0 03-08-2004 10:32 AM
Shasta Daisy from Seed Jill Claus Gardening 5 19-07-2003 02:32 AM
Shasta daisy Mike Lyle Gardening 12 18-06-2003 04:56 PM
Shasta daisy Mike Lyle Plant Science 0 11-06-2003 10:21 PM
Will Shasta Daisy grow in constantly wet sand/full sun? Kevin Miller Gardening 4 04-06-2003 12:32 PM