Old 02-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Wendy Kelly Budd

Default Jujube photo

Hi,
Does anyone out there know where I can find a good photo of a jujube tree?
I have done several searches and haven't found a good picture yet. Also, if
someone has one of these trees, can I ask questions about it?

--
Wendy* in N. California,

"Ever look at Congress and feel like the little kid in 'Sixth Sense?' I see
dead people. I see dead people everywhere." - Robin Williams

Old 02-07-2003, 08:08 PM
Wendy Kelly Budd

Yes, sorry.
--
Wendy* in N. California,

"It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy. That is happiness."
Charles Spurgeon

Old 02-07-2003, 09:44 PM
M. Tiefert

There are several pictures he
http://green-water.riken.go.jp/natur...ume/index.html

As I recall, the Z. jujube tree isn't unusually pretty or ugly - kind of
like an apple tree in overall impression, but a less-green green.

The website for the California Rare Fruit Growers has a text description
of the tree:
http://www.crfg.org/fg/xref/xref-z.html#zizyphus_jujuba

The plant database at the Jerusalem Botanic Garden has whole-tree
pictures of some other species of Zizyphus:
http://www.botanic.co.il/A/CATALOG.a...GENUS&qcatnr=Z

Hope that helps!

cheers,

Marj

* * *
Marj Tiefert: http://www.mindspring.com/~mtiefert/
Marj's Mini Mall: http://stores.tiefert.com/
Coleridge shop: http://www.cafeshops.com/coleridgestore
Marjorie's Morning Star: http://newsletter.tiefert.com/
science editing services: http://science.tiefert.com/
Old 02-07-2003, 09:44 PM
Elizabeth

I have one in my yard in Baton Rouge. It's young, maybe 4 or 5 years old.
I'll get a picture of it tomorrow if you like. What questions do you have?

--
elizabeth, Baton Rouge, LA
http://community.webshots.com/user/elott63

Old 02-07-2003, 10:08 PM
David J Bockman

This is a cool tree, in my opinion. There are two flanking the entrance to
the National Herb & Knot Garden at the US National Arboretum. I believe it
is commonly referred to as the Chinese Date Tree?

Old 03-07-2003, 12:08 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 07:12:05 -0700, "Wendy Kelly Budd"
wrote:

Hi,
Does anyone out there know where I can find a good photo of a jujube tree?
I have done several searches and haven't found a good picture yet. Also, if
someone has one of these trees, can I ask questions about it?

They do incredibly well in the SW desert! There are a rather large
number of cultivars. I'm searching for my books covering the spp. and
will respond with more info as soon as I find them.

Old 03-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Elizabeth

I posted a few pics of my jujube below. Look in My Favorite trees. The
jujube is second from the left. It is slower growing than the other trees
which were planted within a year or so of the jujube. I like the shape, leaf
texture and bark of the tree.

Old 03-07-2003, 08:56 PM
David J Bockman

That reminds me, I have some digital photos of the Zizyphus jujuba I took at
the Arboretum this morning. I'll post them to a.b.p.g. under subject:
Zizyphus jujuba.

Dave

"Elizabeth" wrote in message
[...]

[IMG] code is On

jujube seeds rtdrury Edible Gardening 3 23-08-2006 05:03 AM
Jujube tree Ron Edible Gardening 0 02-03-2004 04:02 AM
jujube tree David Newman Edible Gardening 1 26-11-2003 07:13 PM
I finally bought my Chinese Jujube ling Australia 0 22-07-2003 03:04 AM
Where I can buy Chinese Jujube plants? How-Hie Ling Australia 4 05-04-2003 06:34 AM