Old 03-07-2003, 11:56 PM
Theo

Default what is this cactus?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...e/fbc4f441.jpg

I hope this links works because I had some trouble with it. Anyway. I have
had this cactus for a while now and I was just wondering what it is. Thanks
in advance for your replies.
-Theo

Old 04-07-2003, 09:44 PM
John McGaw

"Theo" wrote in message

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...e/fbc4f441.jpg

I hope this links works because I had some trouble with it. Anyway. I

have
had this cactus for a while now and I was just wondering what it is.

Thanks
in advance for your replies.
-Theo

If it is a cactus (sometimes Euphorbias can look rather cactus-like) it is
probably an Opuntia of some sort.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Return address will not work. Please
reply in group or through my website:
http://johnmcgaw.com

Old 06-07-2003, 01:08 PM
Cereoid-UR12yo

Its obviously an Opuntioid Cactus of some sort but the stem segments are so
badly etiolated from not receiving enough light its difficult to say which
one for sure.

If I had to guess (and I do), I would say it is probably Nopalea
cochenillifera because of its spineless oblong stem segments. Will only know
for sure if and when it blooms.

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...nillifera.html

Nopalea has been included in Opuntia by some authors but the genus has been
reinstated because of the different flowers and pollen morphology.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...f886f9734b5735

Old 07-07-2003, 02:40 AM
Theo

You can't see it in the picture but the plant is not spineless. It is
sparsely covered with 1"-1.5" needles.

.com...