Old 06-07-2003, 01:08 PM
Cereoid-UR12yo

Default Azalea's won't bloom (again)

Azaleas only bloom once a year and your plants won't bloom again until next
year.

If you wanted a bush that blooms all growing season, you bought the wrong
plants.

Wishy13764 wrote in message
I bought this hardy version from Home depot while it was in bloom. Now,

since
the blooms have gone south, how do I get it to bloom again? i live in NYC

area
as far as zones go. Do I have to wait till fall? BTW, its in a 12" inch
container.

Old 26-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Erik Kleine

I think you will find your answer with the Azalea Society of America.
There website is www.azaleas.org

Greetings,

Erik.
e-mail:
Old 27-07-2003, 03:12 AM
B & J

"Phisherman" wrote in message

Mine have not bloomed in two years. The deer keep trimming all my
azaleas throughout the winter. I've tried using the deer-off sprays,
but they soon wear off. Anyone like venison and have a gun?
:-(

I had the same problem until I put a chicken wire barrier around each of the
plants and well as a piece over the top. I kept the deer away for a couple
years that way until we enclosed our yard with an electric fence. We didn't
have a problem for over a year when the deer learned they could come in
through the front and did a number on my Oriental lilies. I then used a
single strand of fine wire across the front at night and another strand in
front of the bed. The deer broke the wires once and stayed away after that.
BTW, the wire is fine aluminum, which the deer seem unable to see or sense
until they walk into it. It doesn't pack much of a jolt because I've walked
into it a couple of times. It did get my attention though. GRIN

John

[IMG] code is On

Azalea is blooming again.... junkyardcat Gardening 5 27-11-2004 01:05 AM
Azalea bloom Fsplink Gardening 3 26-09-2003 08:12 PM
Azalea bloom Wishy13764 Gardening 3 25-09-2003 11:23 PM
Azalea's won't bloom Wishy13764 Gardening 4 05-07-2003 12:56 AM