Old 16-07-2003, 12:32 PM
AuralFeast

Default Flowering Woodbine - Dusty Stuff on Leaves

We planted flowering woodbine this year. Everything appears well - there's new
growth and flowers are beginning to appear. I do notice that spme of the
leaves are looking a little ratty - many are covered with white, dusty powdery
stuff and other leaves are browning and look ready to fall off. It looks like
the plant has an infection?? of some sort, and I'm sure I need to spray the
leaves with something to kill off whatever's attacking the leaves.

Anyone know what this affliction is and know of a good spray to kill it off?

Thanks,

Bob P.
Old 16-07-2003, 01:52 PM
Pam

AuralFeast wrote:

We planted flowering woodbine this year. Everything appears well - there's new
growth and flowers are beginning to appear. I do notice that spme of the
leaves are looking a little ratty - many are covered with white, dusty powdery
stuff and other leaves are browning and look ready to fall off. It looks like
the plant has an infection?? of some sort, and I'm sure I need to spray the
leaves with something to kill off whatever's attacking the leaves.

Anyone know what this affliction is and know of a good spray to kill it off?

Thanks,

Bob P.

You have powdery mildew, a fairly common affliction for many forms of honeysuckle.
A full sun location with adequate watering will help. You can also treat it with
any of the common PM treatments - the Cornell formula, Neem oil, etc., but I find
it is easiest to select a honeysuckle cultivar that is less prone to this problem.
It will be an annual, ongoing battle.

pam - gardengal