Old 17-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Spud Demon

Default Lawn Pests: Leaf Hoppers

jhultman writes in article dated Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:19:25 -0700:
I've had what I believe are leaf hoppers on my lawn for
several weeks now. Step into the grass and hundreds jump up
to get out of the way. They're green, tiny and look almost like
miniature grasshoppers. Large head, triangular body. About an
eighth of an inch.

I've tried the soap spray but to no avail. If I used a power mower
that sucked the clippings into a bag I'd probably be on top of it
population wise but since it is a small, 100 sq. ft area I use
a rotary push mower. I don't see any birds looking to use them
either, I surely don't have a need for them...

Any suggestions?

Relax and have a cold drink. Assess the damage they've done so far.
Your choices are live with them or poison them.

--Thundermaker$yahoo.com (Spud Demon)
The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.
Old 18-07-2003, 07:52 PM
jhultman

I'll stock a supply of cold beverages for the weekend.
I've not seen them anywhere else in the yard or vegetable garden.
So as you say, I'll just live with them. The yippy little poodle across the
street is more annoying. I'm not going to hose the lawn down
with anything that might take out anything beneficial and really
toss things into chaos...

Thanks for the reply.
Jeff

Spud Demon wrote:

[...]

[IMG] code is On

Garden Pests - How To Get Rid Of Garden Pests And Keep Your GardenHealthy! fryedaddy Gardening 4 01-02-2008 05:01 AM
Controlling Leaf Hoppers Rusty Mase Texas 3 02-06-2004 12:16 AM
Leaf Hoppers BillyBudapest Lawns 5 03-10-2003 05:30 AM
Lawn Pests: Leaf Hoppers jhultman Gardening 0 22-07-2003 02:32 PM
Leaf Hoppers Rusty Mase Texas 1 17-06-2003 01:30 AM