Old 07-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Rusty Mase

Default Leaf Hoppers

I have an Eve's Necklace outside my shop that is now medium-sized. In
the summer I move my old table saw out there to avoid having all the
dust in my shop when I use it.

The tree is full of leaf hoppers that emit a rain of body fluids from
the spent sap they are sucking. Working under the tree is not
pleasant. Are leaf hoppers susceptible to something benign to people
and the environment?

Rusty Mase

Old 17-06-2003, 01:30 AM
Registered User

Location: San Antonio, TX
Wink

A good stream of water will knock them off...and perhaps you won't have to use any chemicals to get rid of them.

I also heard that you can mix a bit of alcohol, dish washing detergent and water in a spray bottle and spray on them.
Gets rid of them too.

Good luck, Lois in Texas

Controlling Leaf Hoppers Rusty Mase Texas 3 02-06-2004 12:16 AM
Leaf Hoppers BillyBudapest Lawns 5 03-10-2003 05:30 AM
Lawn Pests: Leaf Hoppers jhultman Gardening 0 22-07-2003 02:32 PM
Lawn Pests: Leaf Hoppers Spud Demon Gardening 1 18-07-2003 07:52 PM
Getting Ahead of the 'Hoppers Marcesent Texas 1 05-04-2003 11:08 AM