Old 05-03-2003, 04:27 PM
Natty_Dread

Default Question about Kalanchoe Blossfeldiana

Hi all -- I purchased a Kalanchoe Blossfeldiana last year and it's about to
come into its second bloom. Can anyone tell me if I should be pinching off
the spent blooms on this plant? If so, will it continue to bloom year-round
since I'm keeping inside? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Old 06-03-2003, 05:03 PM

Unlike Ceroid, I have had pretty good success getting commercially produced
Kalanchoe 'blossfeldiana type' hybrids to continue to bloom. However, mine only
bloom in winter after a significant period of exposure to cool temperatures and
short days. If yours is blooming again this year you are obviously treating it
correctly, don't change anything.

--beeky

Old 06-03-2003, 05:15 PM
Cereoid+10+

Didn't say didn't have sucess getting them to flower, Bucky. Said that it
usually isn't worth the trouble.

As I said before, the commercial Kalanchoe hybrids are of complex parentage,
bear very little if any resemblance to the original Kalanchoe blossfeldiana
and they really should not be referred to that species.

Also you should learn how to spell Cereoid properly, Buckwheat.

Natty_Dread wrote:

Hi all -- I purchased a Kalanchoe Blossfeldiana last year and it's about

come into its second bloom. Can anyone tell me if I should be pinching

off
the spent blooms on this plant? If so, will it continue to bloom

year-round
since I'm keeping inside? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

[IMG] code is On

Cattleya blossfeldiana. Mick Fournier Orchids 6 18-07-2007 03:28 AM
Kalanchoe blossfeldiana - again ned United Kingdom 4 22-01-2004 10:17 PM
Ants on my Kalanchoe Hank Gardening 3 02-07-2003 12:08 AM
Kalanchoe tubiflora = Bryophyllum delagoense Cereoid+10+ Gardening 1 05-04-2003 02:08 PM
Kalanchoe tubiflora Frogleg Gardening 0 04-04-2003 09:32 PM