Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-07-2003, 02:54 AM
Cindy Donnell

Default viburnum dying

Hi, folks,

My v. opulus is in trouble. Nearly half of the shrub began to change
color to chartreuse,then yellow and now to browning leaves. I see no
insects, fungus, there's been no damage. I lost one small section to
last year's drought but have nothing to suggest what's going on with
it now. It bloomed, is covered with gorgeous red berries - even in
the dying section and now . . .

I already lost a V. dentatum. Once section died last fall because of
the drought and most of the shrub was dead this spring. I really
didn't mind losing it because as either Pam or Paghat once said, the
blooms smell like innertubes. I really don't want to loose the
opulus, though. The birds love it and it's beautiful.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Cindy Donnell
Richmond, VA, 7/32