Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-07-2003, 03:12 PM
Lori

Default storm damage to flowers

Hello everyone,
I have been lurking here for a few months and have learned a lot just by
reading your posts. Now I have a question. I am a new gardener, and most of
my plants have been doing great up until now. Last night we had a storm and
my taller plants, cleome and cosmos, were either uprooted or bent over. I
tried to stand them all back up and pack the "mud" around them, but most are
still leaning. I covered the root area with mulch. They are looking pretty
wilted. Is there anything else I can do to try to save them? The cleome just
started flowering and the cosmos just got buds on them. Thanks for any help
you can give me.

Lori