Old 27-07-2003, 09:12 PM
jfrost

Default outside shower

Thought I would forward details of my newly installed project:
an "Outdoor Shower"
I'm very pleased with it. It took me a week of going back & forth to Lowes
&
wal-mart cuz i didn't quite know what i was doing.

Parts:
One: 6ft metal fence " T" stake
galvanized 1/2"end cap / 4ft galvanized 1/2"water pipe
two handled brass mixing valve (from a shower kit ~ 40$--60$)
2ft galvanized 1/2"water pipe / 90deg galvanized 1/2" elbow

a 4or 5 unit muti-cutoffvalve to hook your house waterhose spigot
to.
black waterhose for hot side & any other garden hose for cold side
bungee cord to hold the plumbing pipe onto the fence stake

a $30 outdoor eating tent/canopy @ wal-mart
$3 metal shower soap/ razor /washcloth organizer that hooks over
the shower head. 5 shower curtains & rings

Throw everything up ( & attach the shower head & handles to the plumbing)
and you have a really nice outdoor shower if you
want to use after working in the mud, or maybe to cool off if sun gets
too hot. If you use it as a seasonal shower in the summer, you can save
money on hot water cuz the sun is cooking that black water hose.

I did see a prettier design in a magazine, but it didn't have as much elbow
room. instead of the awning, they bought a black metal garden arch; they
are for sale here at lowes for $160. It was very decorative!!

I was also thinking that i should now plant mint there, so when you walk
on it, you smell that really fragrant smell !

jfrost

Old 28-07-2003, 02:12 AM
Hope Munro Smith

In article ,
"jfrost" wrote:

[...]

Wow, that's a really terrific idea!
Old 31-07-2003, 04:02 AM
Kenneth D. Schillinger

I had an outside shower in a cabin in the woods that I built.
I liked it a lot, but it had no roof so the few times it snowed here in
the PNW snow would accumulate on the floor. One day when I went to
shower and was standing on ice facing frozen water I decided the fun had
gone away, and it was time to build a "real House", one with indoor
plumbing.
Regards, Ken..

Old 31-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Lee

"Kenneth D. Schillinger" wrote in message ...
I had an outside shower in a cabin in the woods that I built.
I liked it a lot, but it had no roof so the few times it snowed here in
the PNW snow would accumulate on the floor. One day when I went to
shower and was standing on ice facing frozen water I decided the fun had
gone away, and it was time to build a "real House", one with indoor
plumbing.
Regards, Ken..

sounds like a good idea but you could still use the outside one in
the summer. I saw a house in Calif near where we lived that had in
indoor-outdoor shower with river stones and a water fall and it was so
lovely that i, 55 years later, still dream about it!
lee.
Old 02-08-2003, 06:02 AM
Lee

"samuel l crowe" wrote in message ...
I have a shower that i installed in the garage/shop to use only after a days
work in the garden, now I use it all the time, it has a small water heater,
plus a electric heater for winter months . I use it 12 months a year. the
dw also uses it now and then. Best investment I have done in a while. Its
complete with toilet, sink and a small closet, i love it.

--
Sam
Along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach SC

That sounds great, too! my bro-in-law had one built when he built his
house in between the garage and the kitchen that worked well. That
way no outside stuff into the kitchen! He was required to wash up and
change cloths before he came into the house . he wasn't a slob ,
but he did have a ranch on the side and sometimes could get in a
pretty good mess paticularly if weather was bad.
lee.

[IMG] code is On

outside shower jfrost Edible Gardening 13 07-07-2011 08:56 AM
outside shower jfrost Texas 10 02-08-2003 06:02 AM
2002 Leonid Meteor Shower Jupiter Scientific Plant Science 0 26-04-2003 01:26 PM
OT - Replacing a Shower Head Willow Australia 15 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
Marinette and Crimson Shower Kate Morgan United Kingdom 2 19-03-2003 09:44 AM