Old 29-07-2003, 08:46 PM
ken ken is offline
Registered User

Angry garden pests

I am having a problem with crows. They are biting the heads off some of my flowers and playing with them. How do I get rid of them? I am on Vancouver Island in Canada. Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 01-08-2003, 05:02 AM
Sed5555

Default garden pests

I am having a problem with crows. They are biting the heads off some of
my flowers and playing with them. How do I get rid of them?

I know scarecrows and plastic snakes DO NOT work. They just seem to make the
crows more brazen. Yesterday I watched one pull the tip off of the radio
antenna on my car. I couldn't scare it away.
Old 01-08-2003, 05:42 AM
J. Lane

Hi Sed,
My daughter's suggestions a
A) a pop gun or a cap gun
B) tying aluminum pie plates around the yard. This works in our cherry tree.
Keeps the buggers from getting free meals of the tree.
--
Jayel

Old 01-08-2003, 06:42 AM
JNJ

I am having a problem with crows. They are biting the heads off some of
my flowers and playing with them. How do I get rid of them? I am on
Vancouver Island in Canada. Any help would be great. Thanks

1) Buy a cassette and pull the tape out of it. Run it around your garden
area. When the wind blows, it will make a noise that will scare many birds
off (including some crows).

2) As an added bonus, get a bunch of very shiny CDs -- the generic ones you
buy online or in some stores will do. The key here is that they be shiny on
both sides. Put those up around the garden as well -- as they move, the sun
will reflect off their surface and scare the birds as well.

James

Old 01-08-2003, 07:32 PM
John DeBoo

Just a thought but instead of the pie plates, how about some of
those free CD's that are always clogging the mail & hung from a
string and paper clip?

Old 04-08-2003, 08:32 AM
J. Lane

What century were you a kid in?
A pop gun is an air type gun with a tethered cork that is shoved into the
end of the barrel and goes " pop" when fired. A cap gun has a tape of spots
of gunpowder, I guess, that is struck by the hammer of a play revolver. They
are usually sold in Dollar Stores or other places that sell kids toys.
The CD thing sounds great. Good way to use those annoying AOL ones.
--
Jayel

Old 06-08-2003, 12:02 AM
Peppergirl

Hi Ken!

Last year i had a problem with crows in my garden. I put string around my
garden, got pie plates, cut them in half and dangled them on a piece of
string, so they clang together. I have to say, for me, it worked!! Good
luck!!
peppergirl
Please check out my website. Click on below.
http://hotcuisine.esmartweb.com/
"ken" wrote in message
s.com...
I am having a problem with crows. They are biting the heads off some of
my flowers and playing with them. How do I get rid of them? I am on
Vancouver Island in Canada. Any help would be great. Thanks
--
ken

[IMG] code is On

Garden Pests - How To Get Rid Of Garden Pests And Keep Your GardenHealthy! fryedaddy Gardening 4 01-02-2008 05:01 AM
Can Preying Mantis' take care of garden pests? BenGman Edible Gardening 3 19-04-2005 07:39 AM
garden pests Louise Gardening 3 02-09-2004 02:52 AM
Two legged garden pests sherwindu Gardening 19 27-08-2004 03:38 PM
Readers offer helpful tips on garden pests (LandSteward Column) earl Gardening 0 19-08-2004 04:49 PM