Old 31-08-2004, 03:27 PM
Louise

Default garden pests

Every year I see my flower garden eaten by different insects that I have
trouble identifying.
Does anyone know of a good web site that that would have a list of garden
pests and their susceptible plants?
Thanks

Old 01-09-2004, 01:37 AM
Pam - gardengal

"Louise" wrote in message
. ..
Every year I see my flower garden eaten by different insects that I have
trouble identifying.
Does anyone know of a good web site that that would have a list of garden
pests and their susceptible plants?
Thanks

Probably way too many pests and too regional an issue for one website to
include them all. You may have better luck looking up the specific plant -
often websites with cultural info will indicate what pests and diseases that
specific plant is prone to. Or just doing a simple Google search with the
words "x plant, pests" should help you out. Give it try on 'lupines, pests'
and you will turn up any number of websites that will discuss lupine aphids
(those nasty things!).

pam - gardengal

Old 02-09-2004, 02:52 AM
Warren

KCnRichmond wrote:
Ortho's www has great bug & weed info.........

Presented so you'll buy more of their product.

When seeking unbiased information, don't go someplace that has a
commercial motivation to skew the information. And in the case of
gardening, there are many, many good sites created by state and county
extension offices, as well as sites created by hobbyists who do not gain
commercially through their advice. Chemical manufacturers shouldn't be
considered primary sources.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Books for your Northwest garden:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/nwgarden/index.html