Old 30-07-2003, 01:02 PM
TOM KAN PA

Default Is my poison ivy dying??

My poison ivy is getting a wart-like growth on the leaves, and they are curling
up. Is this a disease that will kill the ivy??
"Geez, I hope not," he sez tongue in cheek.

Old 31-07-2003, 03:22 PM
TOM KAN PA

It isn't 'cute' to have a pet poison ivy plant.
____Reply Separator_____

Where did I say I'm not trying to get rid of it?? I thought there was the
possibility that it is eliminating itself! Re-read my post.......... "Is this a
disease that will kill the ivy?? "Geez, I hope not," he sez tongue in cheek."
Tongue in cheek.........Look it up.

Now that I've established that I don't want the damn ivy, I'd still like to
know what the growth on the leaves is.

Old 01-08-2003, 01:12 PM
TOM KAN PA

Wear disposable gloves, clip it at ground level, paint the
stems with full-strength RoundUp
____Reply Separator_____
I prefer Brush-B-Gon.

Old 01-08-2003, 03:42 PM
dkat

lighten up. It is easy to miss read postings (anyone here able to claim
that "THEY" have never done so!?).

Viruses cause this type of bumping. The plants have their own type of
immune system and manage it quite well. It is not going to eliminate your
problem (though if I were not highly allergic to poison ivy I could be
tempted - mind you tempted to not consider it a problem.... It is one of the
most beautiful fall plants in coloring)...

I know you didn't ask but I want to put in my 2 cents for others who are
reading this thread and who may not know about it that TECNU is a great
product that you can use to remove the tar like substance that poison ivy
puts on your skin and which most people are allergic to. DON'T use it as a
soap! It can be very expensive if you use it that way and potentially just
spread the tar to other parts of your body. Instead use it as the solvent
it is and how you would use something to take off tar from your skin. Take
a small amount, rub it on the area that you believe to have touch poison ivy
(or if you are beginning to show the rash, where the rash is). Rub for at
least a couple of minutes or for as long as you can tolerate it. Then take
a paper towel or a rag you can throw away and wipe off the Tecnu and
hopefully most of the poison ivy tar. You will have to do this any time you
feel any itching or signs of the effects of the poison ivy. I am HIGHLY
allergic to poison ivy and react very badly to it. This treatment will take
what was 3 weeks of pure hell for me down to a couple of days of annoyance.
And I know that I'm not just adapting out to the poison ivy because every
once in awhile I become complacent and let it go thinking poison ivy is no
big deal now and I really pay for it.

DK

P.S. I imagine that any solvent that works on road/roofing/etc. tar would
work on the poison ivy tar. Tecnu is the only commercial product that I
know of for this purpose though and I buy it to support them since they have
made living on the east coast livable for me.

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
It isn't 'cute' to have a pet poison ivy plant.
____Reply Separator_____

Where did I say I'm not trying to get rid of it?? I thought there was the
possibility that it is eliminating itself! Re-read my post.......... "Is

this a
disease that will kill the ivy?? "Geez, I hope not," he sez tongue in

cheek."
Tongue in cheek.........Look it up.

Now that I've established that I don't want the damn ivy, I'd still like

know what the growth on the leaves is.

[IMG] code is On

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 09:48 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 11:22 AM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It -systemic killers rtih Lawns 0 17-05-2003 08:32 PM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It Chip G. Lawns 20 17-05-2003 03:20 PM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It Chip G. Gardening 21 17-05-2003 03:20 PM