Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2003, 01:12 AM
Wrighty

Default Garlic death

I planted about 40 cloves of garlic in early spring into my garden but when
they didn't look too healthy, i replaced them with plants (grown in the
greenhouse). These looked great for a few weeks and were as tall as my onion
plants (on same patch) but after some "heavy" Isle Of Wight winds the garlic
were flat on the ground and soon died. weirdly the onions were fine and have
gone on to produce a bumper crop. Anyone know why my garlic didnt survive if
the onions did? What should i do to prevent this next yr??

[IMG] code is On

Garlic - garlic.jpg Ann Garden Photos 2 03-04-2008 11:31 AM
Can one prune a Forsythia to death? DKSRich United Kingdom 2 16-03-2003 11:44 AM
[IBC] Offtopic: Killing an Oak Tree (A Gratuitous Death) David J. Bockman Bonsai 7 01-02-2003 01:18 PM
Pear Tree Death Nick Maclaren Edible Gardening 10 25-01-2003 05:52 AM
N.Cal: County pushes for collective voice on sudden oak death Lion Kuntz alt.forestry 0 24-11-2002 06:02 PM