Old 11-08-2003, 06:07 AM
Mceezee

Default Tiny winged mosquitoes

The place where I work had tiny mosquito type insects (dead) all over the top
of my computer (which is by a wall) one day when I came into work.

Would this be some type of termite, mosquito or what? I saved some for the
exterminator but we are trying to get ride of them asap. Any help would be
appreciated.
Old 11-08-2003, 06:32 AM
Lar

In article ,
says...

"Lar" wrote in message
t...
In article 20030810222642.29721.00000567@mb-
m14.aol.com,
says...
Would this be some type of termite, mosquito or what? I saved some
for the
exterminator but we are trying to get ride of them asap. Any help
would be
appreciated.

They may be fungus gnats coming from potted plants or
some other type of moisture source. There are a few
other type of gnats they might be, once again moisture
is the source. condensation from the AC or from a sink
that is seldom used.
--
http://www.geocities.com/larflu/zebra.jpg

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

OT but thats a great looking butterfly in the link to your sig. What is it?

Fito

It's a zebra butterfly or zebra longwing butterfly.
Heliconius charitonius. It's the state butterfly of
Florida. This one was in SW Dallas county Tx. I had the
Fill Flash set on the camera so it faded out the yellow
of the stripes, should be closer to the color of a Tiger
Swallowtail :/

Old 12-08-2003, 01:32 AM
JNJ

The place where I work had tiny mosquito type insects (dead) all over the
top
of my computer (which is by a wall) one day when I came into work.

Would this be some type of termite, mosquito or what? I saved some for

the
exterminator but we are trying to get ride of them asap. Any help would be
appreciated.

Without an actual picture it's kind of difficult to tell of course, but it
sounds like you have some gnats there. If they're fungus gnats then you're
probably overwatering the plants in the office. Either way, set up some fly
traps and see if it doesn't catch 'em and solve the issue.

James

Old 12-08-2003, 03:03 PM
BT

Midges?