Old 13-08-2003, 05:02 AM
keith nuttle

Default grass rows

I recently inherited a John Deere L-155 lawn tractor. I have a problem
I hope you can help with.

When I am mowing the mower will sometime leave the grass uncut in the
middle of the mower. This leave a rows of taller grass after I am done.

Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong, and how to correct it.

From: Raleigh, North Carolina
Old 13-08-2003, 05:03 AM
Warren

keith nuttle wrote:
I recently inherited a John Deere L-155 lawn tractor. I have a

problem
I hope you can help with.

When I am mowing the mower will sometime leave the grass uncut in the
middle of the mower. This leave a rows of taller grass after I am

done.

Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong, and how to correct it.

Slow down.

And overlap your rows, and/or cut in a criss-cross pattern.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.
Blatant Plug:
Support me at: http://www.holzemville.com/mall/

Old 13-08-2003, 09:42 AM
Roy Hauer

Odds are the blades are worn or dull on the extreme edges. I have a JD
series tractor and the blades seem to like to round over on the very
tip just enough that they do not cut right, even though the rest may
appear sharp, causing the blades not to cut right and leaving a strip
of standing grass. Seems like JD is pretty common with this happening,
as there is not a lot of overlap on the blades cutting areas. A set of
new blades or resharpening the ld ones should solve it.

Also Some grasses are tougher to cut than others, so thats part of the
reason you may or may not have these strips all the time, and a dull
or worn blade don't help.

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 01:35:20 GMT, keith nuttle
wrote:

x-I recently inherited a John Deere L-155 lawn tractor. I have a problem
x-I hope you can help with.
x-
x-When I am mowing the mower will sometime leave the grass uncut in the
x-middle of the mower. This leave a rows of taller grass after I am done.
x-
x-Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong, and how to correct it.

--
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
Old 15-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Chris Owens

keith nuttle wrote:

I recently inherited a John Deere L-155 lawn tractor. I have a problem
I hope you can help with.

When I am mowing the mower will sometime leave the grass uncut in the
middle of the mower. This leave a rows of taller grass after I am done.

Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong, and how to correct it.

Mow in overlapping rows, and make sure the blade is sharp.

Chris Owens