Old 17-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Andrew Ostrander

Default daylilies

It's not the right time to transplant day lilies here either, if the
authorities I read are right. They said to transplant after flowering but
at least 6 weeks before frost. Well, there isn't that long here between the
2 events, and so here in Zone 3 they should be divided in spring.
Transplanting now for the original poster may be right, but not for
everyone.

wrote in message
Barbara Yanus wrote:

Some of my daylilies hardly bloomed or didn't bloom at all. Any one

else
have this problem? I don't know if it was because of the wet summer

that we
have been having or because some of the daylilies are being shaded out

by
other plants that have just grown so BIG. Maybe it's time to

transplant to
more sunny spots?

Thanks
Bebra

Daylilies really do prefer full sun; if yours are shaded, you
should move either them or the shading plants. However, you're
in luck, as now is the appropriate time to transplant them.

Chris Owens

Old 19-08-2003, 02:42 AM
Barbara Yanus

well can I transplant now or not?? I think NE PA is zone 6b, am I correct
about that?

Bebra

NE PA
zone 6b??

Old 19-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Andrew Ostrander

When is your first frost? If it's more that 6 weeks away, then yes, you can
divide and transplant.