Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-08-2003, 09:22 PM
Kevin Miller

Default I think I'm done...

... I've been at this gardening thing for about 6 years now,
vegetables and flowers/shrubs. As I entered the hobby, I had no idea
how many "outside" factors there would be (no pun intended) Whether
it's been drought, too much rain, clay, deer - all my hours and hours
of work over the last few years looks horrible. I thought of raking
out the mulch and running the mower over it all, but I don't think
even grass would grow well. I've watched this group, read dozens of
books, watched HGTV very Saturday. I'm sick. Not one bed I have
looks good, even my black eyed susans have all fallen over. If it's
not dead, it's either diseased or brown. Despite efforts to amend the
soil as I've read countless times, it's as hard as concrete. Thanks
for all your help recently and maybe I'll see you in another group
sometime. Take care....

Kevin