Old 24-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Ghislain

Default garden hose reel

I would like to make my own garden hose reel.Would the family have any good ideas?
Old 03-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Frank Martin

I made one from a wheelbarrow tyre rim, which gives good compact unit with
enough depth to hold a fair length of hose. The particular rim I chose
could be taken apart by undoing 8 bolts and this assisted in cleaning the
unit with caustic soda and detergent. I then painted it whole thing with a
good anti-rust primer and then put the unit together again by using
stainless-steel bolts and nuts which give a fantastic effect. Of course I
had to weld on two small lugs so the whole assembly could be bolted to the
wall just above the faucet which is waist height. It has been a brilliant
success and it is just the right size. At the factory here we have some
reels made from old auto-tyre rims but these would be too big for the
average small garden. We also use small rims to store long electric
extension cords.

"Ghislain" wrote in message
om...
I would like to make my own garden hose reel.Would the family have any

good ideas?

[IMG] code is On

Garden Hose Reel Joaquin Tall Lawns 2 21-01-2007 09:48 PM
McClane reel vs. Trimmer reel mower? Shade Lawns 0 23-06-2006 07:23 AM
What's the best garden hose reel that money can buy? njbruin Gardening 4 08-08-2004 04:54 AM
ISO: Hose reel with brass fittings David Gibbs Lawns 3 28-07-2003 06:02 PM
ISO: Hose reel with brass fittings David Gibbs Gardening 4 28-07-2003 06:02 PM