Old 26-08-2003, 03:02 PM
keith nuttle

Default JOHN DEERE

I have a John Deere L-155 lawn tractor, and have a small problem with
it. When I mow It will sometime leave high grass in the middle of the
cut. i.e. between the blades. Could someone give me ideas to correct
this problem.

From: Indianapolis, Indiana
Old 26-08-2003, 03:02 PM
BeeFarmer

Do you cut when the grass is wet. Is the middle roller pushing the grass
down then it not popping up again to
cut it? Some times a good mulching blade will suck the grass back up and
let you cut it in this case.

Just my thoughts!

--

OhioBeeFarmer
Getting kids involved in Beekeeping

From: Indianapolis, Indiana

Old 26-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Dwight Sipler

BeeFarmer wrote:

Do you cut when the grass is wet. Is the middle roller pushing the grass
down then it not popping up again to
cut it? Some times a good mulching blade will suck the grass back up and
let you cut it in this case.

Also, make sure the blade is sharp and you're not trying to travel too
fast while cutting.
Old 27-08-2003, 11:32 AM
Roy

John Deere doe snot have much of an overlap on their two bladed decks,
and all it takes is just a bit of wear on the blade tips to create
this problem. Also the end portion always seems to roound over and not
remain as sharp as the inner portion of the cutting end. Sop check
the very ends of the front cutting sectin of the blades and also
measure overall length and compare to a new blade and see how much it
may be worn. I assume your using full throttle, and your ground speed
is not too fast for conditions, as this can also cause this strip
between the blade. So try a lower gear, or take less of a cut and see
if it does it then, but check the blades first!

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:49:31 GMT, keith nuttle
wrote:

x-I have a John Deere L-155 lawn tractor, and have a small problem with
x-it. When I mow It will sometime leave high grass in the middle of the
x-cut. i.e. between the blades. Could someone give me ideas to correct
x-this problem.

--
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
Old 30-08-2003, 03:22 PM

I have a mower like that too.. :-))
Your blades probably need sharpened....Grass is getting a bit tougher than
it was in the spring and you need a sharp blade.
Susie :-))

From: Indianapolis, Indiana

Old 04-09-2003, 11:02 PM
Stephen M. Henning

keith nuttle wrote:

I have a John Deere L-155 lawn tractor, and have a small problem with
it. When I mow It will sometime leave high grass in the middle of the
cut. i.e. between the blades. Could someone give me ideas to correct
this problem.

Don't turn. Honestly, two bladed mowers will skip when you turn one
direction but not when you turn the other direction. Experiment in an
unmowed area by doing loops in one direction and then the other
direction. You should find a direction that works best. Mow in that
direction (clockwise or counterclockwise).

The obvious other things are to make sure your blades are the right
length and sharp.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman

[IMG] code is On

John Deere LX 176 kent Lawns 8 11-01-2010 10:52 AM
Easy to see, Expat owns John Smith and John Smith is ExpatsPuppet on a String! hahahaha ..... Dance Johnny boy.. dance you fool!John Smith the puppet on a string John Smith[_5_] Ponds 0 07-09-2008 04:42 PM
John Deere F510 Riding Mower Keeps Blowing Fuses! C R R Lawns 0 29-03-2003 02:20 PM
John Deere 300 trans dipstick help Chris Szilagyi Gardening 0 28-01-2003 08:55 PM
John Deere Jeff Springer Lawns 4 06-12-2002 08:06 AM